Thread: LAMMA moves to the NEC from Jan 2019...........

LAMMA moves to the NEC from Jan 2019...........

Briefing Media today announces that the UKís largest agricultural machinery show, LAMMA, will move to the NEC from January 2019.

LAMMA will continue to be a free-to-attend event and will remain on its proven and successful January timeline.

For full details see Web version of email announcement- http://email.lammashow.co.uk/q/13VLRL20qsUJw0Vvkf5tY/wv
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Re: LAMMA moves to the NEC from Jan 2019...........

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    For full details see Web version of email announcement- http://email.lammashow.co.uk/q/13VLRL20qsUJw0Vvkf5tY/wv
    Quite a recognition for what started off as a relatively small local event.
    Jack Caley

Yes, and just up the road from Stoneleigh. Which was once the pride of U.K. Agriculture with it's Royal Show but which deteriorated into the ideal place to buy a pair of Hunter wellies and a horse blanket ! Tat round the perimeter of the show and the horsey set in the middle.

Bet it won't be as informal at the NEC, we always arrive early at LAMMA for breakfast and head out around the show usually before the official start time and again are usually still going around after the official closing time. I can't see that happening at the NEC or there being any special offer breakfast deals.
    It could well also be the end of LAMMA being a "dry" show with all the bars and restraunts around. Ah well, at least it's closer, we can get the train down and go on the pi$$.

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    Yes, and just up the road from Stoneleigh. Which was once the pride of U.K. Agriculture with it's Royal Show but which deteriorated into the ideal place to buy a pair of Hunter wellies and a horse blanket ! Tat round the perimeter of the show and the horsey set in the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by RED BULL View Post
    Bet it won't be as informal at the NEC, we always arrive early at LAMMA for breakfast and head out around the show usually before the official start time and again are usually still going around after the official closing time. I can't see that happening at the NEC or there being any special offer breakfast deals.
    It could well also be the end of LAMMA being a "dry" show with all the bars and restraunts around. Ah well, at least it's closer, we can get the train down and go on the pi$$.
    For us it would be swopping a run round the M25 and up the A1 to peterborough for the run up the A34 to Brum. The former wins IMO as all the traffic is coming towards you on both up and back, the A34 on the other hand is no longer the pleasant journey it was back in the prime days of the Royal Show
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    For us it would be swopping a run round the M25 and up the A1 to peterborough for the run up the A34 to Brum. The former wins IMO as all the traffic is coming towards you on both up and back, the A34 on the other hand is no longer the pleasant journey it was back in the prime days of the Royal Show
    No, the A34 can be a pig nowadays but there is some nice scenery through the Cotswolds. But surely you would be better to go up the A34 and round Oxford to gate 9 of the 40 and then up to the 40/42 split, North up the 42 for a few miles and you get off right by the NEC.

The old A34 did used to go quite close but that's morphed into the A3400 now and you've still really got to get on the 42 unless you want to go across the fields.

Thatís about it.
    Newark was manageable in a day, either by car or train, could be there for 10ish albeit doing some traffic queuing.
    Peterborough meant the train, but it worked pretty well.
    Brum???
    Driving for a day is out of the question, Train by the time you have wound your way down the ultimate bendy railway line it could well be afternoon.
    Probably quicker to fly to Paris a little later in the year.
    I can see the current NE look alike efforts taking off in a big way.
    Difficult to understand the economics.....as I understand it the original guys got together to provide a shop window for their products.
    Outside,low cost, none of the thrills and ancillary crap that fill up what are now called Agricultural shows.
    All I can see is that the costs to someone are steadily rising, Lamma used to be excellent for seeing the guys who had good products, usually smaller probably family firms that found it difficult to justify the bid events.
    Now here we are heading back to a cross between the Royal Show and Smithfield, but with free admission. Most of the big shows are operating in the £20 area for admission now and struggling.
    Without the town element they would fail.
    The logistics of Marquees in January on a show field are not good, previous experience shows that, no doubt the cost of NEC will be competitive, with little risk, but a day out to Brum is about as appealing as a visit to the Colonoscopy clinic!

Fly to B-Ham ? It's right next door to the NEC

Fly to B-Ham ? It's right next door to the NEC
    https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...conomy#results

Apart from the two hour check in either end, which flight do you think I should book?

Random date picked, makes no difference.
    gee

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...conomy#results

Apart from the two hour check in either end, which flight do you think I should book?

Random date picked, makes no difference.
    gee
    I was thinking PPL in a Cessna.

I think you may well be confusing me with someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    I think you may well be confusing me with someone else!
    Not sure if the cross wind runway is still used for light aircraft at BHX but you could always go to CVT (Coventry) which is just a few miles up the A45.

I remember going to the Pig Fair at Stoneleigh wayback with my old mate Graham Jackson who sold fibreglass bins. We went in his Grumman. Going down to Coventry with back wind took us 35 minutes. When we came back the neighbours beat us back home by car. The head wind kept getting worse, the cloud base got lower and lower, it was at 200 feet by the time we got back to Sproatley. The only reason we could find it is that Ottringham beacon is only about 5 miles from Sproatley, and Graham was so used to it, he could fly completely blind to Sproatley!
    I did not need a colonoscopy that day!
    Jack Caley