Thread: Frack Me ! Scottish Government Bans Fracking

Scotland, land of the free home of the brave

Frack Me ! Scottish Government Bans Fracking

Fracking Hell in their infinite wisdom the luddites at Holyrood have decided to ban fracking for shale gas.
    This despite there being any hard scientific evidence that it is harmful, completely ignoring the expert opinion in their own (Scot Gov) report and the fact that the process has been used in the North Sea for nearly 40 years.
    So Scotlands largest industrial complex at Grangemouth (which manufactures the raw materials for plastics etc from shale gas) has to import fracked gas from the USA whilst literally there are billions of cubic metres of gas under our feet.
    Is this the start of the end for any economic growth. Frack me you could not make this up.
    Anyone care to comment?

Re: Frack Me ! Scottish Government Bans Fracking

Quote Originally Posted by LALANS View Post
    Fracking Hell in their infinite wisdom the luddites at Holyrood have decided to ban fracking for shale gas.
    This despite there being any hard scientific evidence that it is harmful, completely ignoring the expert opinion in their own (Scot Gov) report and the fact that the process has been used in the North Sea for nearly 40 years.
    So Scotlands largest industrial complex at Grangemouth (which manufactures the raw materials for plastics etc from shale gas) has to import fracked gas from the USA whilst literally there are billions of cubic metres of gas under our feet.
    Is this the start of the end for any economic growth. Frack me you could not make this up.
    Anyone care to comment?
    I will have to look for it when I get to work tomorrow - I believe I still have an article about research that suggests the high likelihood that hydrolic fracking in Alberta Canada has been causing and / or facilitating (intensifying) earthquakes.

Quote Originally Posted by LALANS View Post
    Anyone care to comment?
    Just goes to show, if minority groups shout loud enough, the politicians do not have the courage to do what's right. You can name several such protests, GM, land based wind turbines, Heathrow, etc etc .
    GM was the greatest opportunity lost, suddenly they have found wind energy is value for money(Denmark showed that years ago), Heathrow will go on for ever.
    Politicians do not do what's right, they do what might get them re-elelected.
    Jack Caley

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
    I will have to look for it when I get to work tomorrow - I believe I still have an article about research that suggests the high likelihood that hydrolic fracking in Alberta Canada has been causing and / or facilitating (intensifying) earthquakes.
    here is the article I was looking for

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...homa-1.3554275