Thread: MF 3125 Transmission oil capacity

MF 3125 Transmission oil capacity

Hi there. I am new at the forum and want to ask someone here who knows what happens if I put more transmission oil than is marked on oil level tester

Re: MF 3125 Transmission oil capacity

How much above the full mark is the oil level? Up to 2 extra inches would usually do no harm and is sometimes recommended if tipping large trailers but if really over filled,it can give rise to the oil foaming causing cavitation and poor lubrication of bearings. Too much oil also doesn't leave enough room for expansion when the oil is hot and will cause it to be expelled from breathers.Also,if there are splash lubricated parts in there,they may not receive enough oil if the lower down gears or oil slingers are completely submerged and can't throw the oil about.......

Quote Originally Posted by agrimax View Post
    How much above the full mark is the oil level? Up to 2 extra inches would usually do no harm and is sometimes recommended if tipping large trailers but if really over filled,it can give rise to the oil foaming causing cavitation and poor lubrication of bearings. Too much oil also doesn't leave enough room for expansion when the oil is hot and will cause it to be expelled from breathers.Also,if there are splash lubricated parts in there,they may not receive enough oil if the lower down gears or oil slingers are completely submerged and can't throw the oil about.......
    Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it.

Then come on my mind to ask does the oil can be shown from the oil cap who is located back side of tractor ?

Not sure what you are asking now? Hydraulic/transmission oil is filled through cap at rear and oil level is checked with dipstick also at rear.

Quote Originally Posted by agrimax View Post
    Not sure what you are asking now? Hydraulic/transmission oil is filled through cap at rear and oil level is checked with dipstick also at rear.

I would explain with pictures but I cannot upload pictures here.

https://ibb.co/d81oHb if you can open this link you can see it's taken

I mean can the fluid be shown by eyes or it stands deep on the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by fadilmurati View Post

I would explain with pictures but I cannot upload pictures here.

https://ibb.co/d81oHb if you can open this link you can see it's taken

I mean can the fluid be shown by eyes or it stands deep on the tank.

It used to be common on some model tractors to overfill the rear axle/transmission when tipping large or old fashioned trailers- ones made from old lorry chassis with twin rams or the large single ones would often empty the oil from the axle/transmission, in some tractors with dualpower or Hi-Low it could cause a lot of damage so overfilling a certain amount is possible
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Thank you all members on replies it helped me so much.

Now I want to ask you again.

When I lift the rear hydraulics with normal torque it goes very slow. I need to gain torque to lift faster.

Is that any problem or it need to be like that?
    thank you in advance.

MF 3125 Transmission oil cap

Hello everyone, I was wondering what the gear oil capacity for a 96 g20 manual transmission is? Also where is the fill and drain bolt pics or a link would be great

Re: MF 3125 Transmission oil cap

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpum View Post
    Hello everyone, I was wondering what the gear oil capacity for a 96 g20 manual transmission is? Also where is the fill and drain bolt pics or a link would be great

Morris oils nearest match comes up with 59-64ltrs of liquimatic JDF (same as NH stripey transmission oil) The rear hubs are lubricated from the transmission

see- http://www.whatoildoineed.com/
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......