Thread: Massey 6170 gremlins!

Massey 6170 gremlins!

Ok so today the tacho on our mf 6170 decided to stop working, which also appears to stop it from getting out of 4wd, haven't tried pto yet either but have a horrible feeling that won't work as no engine speed. Have cleaned all connections on brain under cab and the connections on back of dash to no avail. Any ideas??

Re: Massey 6170 gremlins!

Check the alternator wires and that it is charging properly.

Thanks agrimax. Replaced the crimp connectors onto the alternator, cleaned with contact cleaner and all working fine. They didn't look that bad, think I would of been there for days scratching my head without your advice. light on dash still a little dull so obviously a poor earth somewhere, so will clean any earth connections I can find tomorrow.
    Thanks Again

Is the charging light on but very dim when the engine is running? If it is,it may still be charging ok but likely has a blown diode. My 6270 had this for a time and I ended up replacing the alternator thinking it would only get worse.

No, battery light goes out when engine running just dim when ignition on compared to all the other lights. Really picking your brains though, the tortoise light has never come on since I've had the tractor, I don't mind as the hare one does, but the tortoise light illuminates when you first turn on ignition and it does the lamp check!!