Thread: Cumbria cars damaged

Cumbria cars damaged

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Sh...a10f8b10df9-ds
    Apparently the farm has continual disruption from cars blocking access by not leaving enough room for farm-sized traffic.
    It was unfortunate a lot of them were at a Remembrance service!
    It sounds like they started to go through and got to a point it was impossible to go forward or reverse without hitting badly parked cars.
    One Jaguar is claimed to have damaged exceeding 10,000 probably not difficult to believe.

Re: Cumbria cars damaged

Probably a younger driver in the tractor.
    I have heard of cars being parked on a road with double yellows locally and a lorry with a tanker on couldn't get through and was blocked, he called the police for assistance to get his lorry through and they guided the truck through putting a scrape on almost every car on the road with the bumper of the tank, one of the police even kicked off a wing mirror so it wouldn't damage the paint on the truck. And afterward the driver asked the police about the damage and they said they have all the number plates and if any of them complain they will be charging with something like obstruction or careless driving.
    Nothing to do with the story above and some people probably could of parked a bit better but I don't fancy my car getting that from an impatient farmer.
    "At the end of the day, I think it's going to get very dark."

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Sh...a10f8b10df9-ds
    Apparently the farm has continual disruption from cars blocking access by not leaving enough room for farm-sized traffic.
    It was unfortunate a lot of them were at a Remembrance service!
    It sounds like they started to go through and got to a point it was impossible to go forward or reverse without hitting badly parked cars.
    One Jaguar is claimed to have damaged exceeding 10,000 probably not difficult to believe.
    I just went back and took another look at the photo.

On this side of the pond, ALL the cars are abandoned illegally as all vehicles are parked on the traveled portion of the roadway (the asphalt / blacktop / pavement) - all the cars should receive a fine and have to pay for damages to the tractor / trailer (i can't remember what the tractor was supposed to be hauling).

They aren't supposed to obstruct the road here either, but no doubt the ones parking first on one side thought it was more or less OK.
    The majority seem to think that if a car can get through it will be fine.
    They probably don't think anyone works weekends - but a lot of farms have extra hands from family then, and a common job is selecting sheep for market or abattoir for very early Monday.

There is a fairly long thread on here,

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...f=10&t=1707128

generally they consider the farmer is right.

Usually the police will do nothing.
    The general public are total w.........keys, not all, mostly a minority, but that spoils it for all.
    We are 200 yards from the sea, have bulldozed a ramp to the beach for our caravan site users, but we get arrogant fishermen , cheapjack general public , drug users, lovers, etc, etc, who leave trash, one year metal in the crop damaged the combine causing hundreds of pounds worth of damage and half a day combining.
    Not much wonder we get a bit put out!
    I have been threatened by a fisherman with the iron spike they use to drive in the beach.
    All because they have the rights.
    We have installed a parking system to help pay for the cost of the ramp, they will not pay the parking charge.
    I could go on !!
    Jack Caley

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

If I were the farmer I'd be contacting the HSE and explaining that the parking was hindering the access to his workplace for emergency vehicles. Farming is one of the most, if not the most dangerous occupations these days so there's a need for unhindered access for ambulances, fire engines and platform ladders in the event of a workplace accident or fire. Occasional hindrance might be overlooked but that looks like a frequent occurrence. Downside would be they give him an inspection when they're there but it might be worth it. The HSE would have the power to stop the parking on the road and they aren't going to chance getting reamed themselves if anything did happen down the line and it turned out they had ignored a complaint. Forty pages on a popular car forum now that sort of publicity would be worth it's weight in gold. There can be few of us who haven't at some times in our lives parked somewhere we shouldn't without realising it, so no need to abuse those parking, no doubt they didn't realise. Parking prohibition on that road is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by T P View Post
    . . . Parking prohibition on that road is the answer.
    Perhaps just one side of the road which would leave a bit of maneuvering space on the other?

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
    Perhaps just one side of the road which would leave a bit of maneuvering space on the other?
    That would be fine if people obeyed or understood, I think a total ban would stand a better chance of being observed. Bring on self driving cars that won't park in designated areas. I see where you are coming from as a tractor can usually negotiate the verge but then the verge ends up cut up and the mud gets pulled onto the road. A row of parking meters in the hedge might work wonders.

Towards the farm on a straighter section is a long gravelly layby and in drier conditions at least one field is opened for more parking.
    There is a bit more going on as they used to also park further back down the lane but those have been blocked off with big stones - that might have been NT though as anywhere they are able to park you soon get a sea of obnoxious litter these days.

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    There is a fairly long thread on here,

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...f=10&t=1707128

generally they consider the farmer is right.
    66 pages and counting atm.
    Reminds me of a thread on here a few years ago by Phil (I think) about some cultivator and ebay! 😴🙊🙉🙈

Quote Originally Posted by Ulscots View Post
    66 pages and counting atm.
    Reminds me of a thread on here a few years ago by Phil (I think) about some cultivator and ebay! 😴🙊🙉🙈
    all they !!!!!! can take up a lot of pages