Thread: Yippee!

Yippee!

Got our Single Farm Payment this morning!
    Due to the antics of the EU negotiators devaluing the pound it is substantially higher this year!

I would still vote leave even in spite of the fact that as farmers we will lose out heavily.
    brexit is struggling though, did you notice on last nights Brexit Bashing Corporations Question Time four out of five of the panel voted remain?

Jack Caley

Re: Yippee!

Still says Validation here.
    Last year was early January I think, the year before sometime in June - which was kind of difficult when you had to apply for the following year before discovering what was apparently holding up the last one!

It is amazing how they can constantly find new things to 'validate' on a fields which haven't changed for decades.
    I see they mentioned some changes made to our maps and had actually added 0.001ha for a metre-wide strip by a hedge the other side of a minor road - which is a bit narrow to plough.
    I expect making the change cost them 100s if not 1000s.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Still says Validation here.
    Last year was early January I think, the year before sometime in June - which was kind of difficult when you had to apply for the following year before discovering what was apparently holding up the last one!

It is amazing how they can constantly find new things to 'validate' on a fields which haven't changed for decades.
    I see they mentioned some changes made to our maps and had actually added 0.001ha for a metre-wide strip by a hedge the other side of a minor road - which is a bit narrow to plough.
    I expect making the change cost them 100s if not 1000s.
    I think you probably know at one time I worked for the Min of Ag administering grant money.
    As a very new and very green new officer I was involved in a case involving a piffling amount of money on a scheme which meant every site visit involved a return voyage and time taking most the day.
    Very naively I wrote off the scheme and agreed to the payment which was probably a tenth of my costs involved. The whole weight of the ministry fell upon me like a tonne of bricks as there was a principle involved!
    I am afraid your argument is irrelevant, as far as officialdom is concerned, they do not have to work out the pennies, like you and I have to!
    Incidentally I had 17 different MP,s living in my area, so if some farmer or other was pissed off with me the complaint soon went the round robins from Westminster, to Cambridge, then to Chelmsford, the landed on my bosses desk at Hertford!!
    Great Fun!!
    Jack Caley

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    I think you probably know at one time I worked for the Min of Ag administering grant money.
    As a very new and very green new officer I was involved in a case involving a piffling amount of money on a scheme which meant every site visit involved a return voyage and time taking most the day.
    Very naively I wrote off the scheme and agreed to the payment which was probably a tenth of my costs involved. The whole weight of the ministry fell upon me like a tonne of bricks as there was a principle involved!
    I am afraid your argument is irrelevant, as far as officialdom is concerned, they do not have to work out the pennies, like you and I have to!
    Incidentally I had 17 different MP,s living in my area, so if some farmer or other was pissed off with me the complaint soon went the round robins from Westminster, to Cambridge, then to Chelmsford, the landed on my bosses desk at Hertford!!
    Great Fun!!
    Jack Caley
    I know what you mean Jack - being "cost effective" isn't as important as "seeming to be fair" (especially to members of the "correct" party)