Thread: Correct fluid for brakes on International 956xl

Correct fluid for brakes on International 956xl

What is the correct fluid to put in the little round plactic reservoir on top of the brake master cylinders on International 956XL. It looks like car type brake fluid to me, but maybe it is something special. I,ve looked on google and it seems to suggest Hytrans oil, the same suff that goes in the hydraulic tank under the left side axel ?.

Re: Correct fluid for brakes on International 956xl

Rightly or wrongly I never bought Hytrans when we had a 956. Used a SUTO where needed (wet brakes), and used that in the res as well. EP gear oil in the front axles and outer section of rear axles. Straight hyd 46 oil in the hydraulic tank.
    Someone may confirm but it might be ok to buy a small quantity of LMH mineral fluid for the brake res.

Whatever you do,don't put DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid in it...... A little LHM would do no harm,but it should be the same stuff as in the back end. UTTO,SUTO or Hytran if you want to pay for the dearer name.

Quote Originally Posted by robbie956xl View Post
    What is the correct fluid to put in the little round plactic reservoir on top of the brake master cylinders on International 956XL. It looks like car type brake fluid to me, but maybe it is something special. I,ve looked on google and it seems to suggest Hytrans oil, the same suff that goes in the hydraulic tank under the left side axel ?.
    pretty sure it says on the ‘red’ lid of the reservoir hytran-in other words transmission oil as said above.

Quote Originally Posted by Right-arm fast View Post
    pretty sure it says on the ‘red’ lid of the reservoir hytran-in other words transmission oil as said above.
    Thank you guys.