Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RHI

Re: RHI

Quote Originally Posted by renewablejohn View Post
    Have applied to be a certified wood seller but there still thinking about it.

Have now been approved let the red tape begin.

Have now been approved let the red tape begin.
    Do you have a link to the application page for self certification renewablejohn please?

I think you will find it all in the link below.

http://biomass-suppliers-list.servic...1.pdf?sfvrsn=0

From online application to acceptance should be about 4 weeks

I think you will find it all in the link below.

http://biomass-suppliers-list.servic...1.pdf?sfvrsn=0

From online application to acceptance should be about 4 weeks
    Fantastic for that - do you know if this is the one we got to fill in for say self certification for own grown straw fuel ??

I think you will be out of luck for straw as I have not as yet heard of a biomass boiler burning straw that has met the emission regulations in respect of RHI.

I think you will be out of luck for straw as I have not as yet heard of a biomass boiler burning straw that has met the emission regulations in respect of RHI.
    This is pre-new regs .?

Quote Originally Posted by RGT View Post
    This is pre-new regs .?
    Check with ofgem but dont be surprised if the rules are retrospective as it wont be the first time they have done it.

Check with ofgem but dont be surprised if the rules are retrospective as it wont be the first time they have done it.

we only do what they want at that moment in time?

Has anyone recently been accepted onto the RHI that's a business because im struggling to give Ofgem what they want at the moment. First thing I sent them was 2 council tax bills but because I said I was a farm business there now wanting me to prove I pay business rates but farms don't pay business rates so all I can think of sending them is my holding number to prove im heating farm houses and the dairy. Apparently they have recently changed things so its much harder to get onto the RHI. Anyone else struggling?

I thought you were accredited a long time ago! Is this another one

No never got accredited. Been running since 20th April though and still faffing around with ofgem

Looks like extention from next spring to Autumn now with Ofgem's new RAFT of RHI new and existing on-going requirements ???

Thumbs up Re: RHI

Any body on the rhi existing non domestic scheme and received the new sustainability and emmissions letters for this October deadlines to meet yet ?

How are you dealing with the Energy crops/ land use and Emmissions criterias ???

If you dont burn wood or use your own wood you can't register on the bsl -self supplier lists as energy crops and their straw are not classified as ''WOODY''?

DECC state one thing- OFGEM state another thing- BSL state another thing ???

Arable crops/straws are sustainable energy crops but try and get that through to powers of B ?

More money to '' independant report '' people again I fear ????

Any body on the rhi existing non domestic scheme and received the new sustainability and emmissions letters for this October deadlines to meet yet ?

How are you dealing with the Energy crops/ land use and Emmissions criterias ???

We get non-domestic RHI for heat from our AD plant, and have been working our way through the biomass carbon calculator B2C2. Its not obvious how to use it, had some excellent help from ADBA but still have had to email B2C2 support to clarify some points. I think we are almost there with maize, beet, slurry and muck.

It all seems to rely on assumptions and estimates multiplied by other assumptions and estimates, so how accurate the end results are is anyone's guess.

Stephen

Yes Rob
    i got on the list referring to pollarded willows on our HLS & have also recently applied for waste wood (pallets) they told me an Environment Agency exemption U4 would cover this, I believe it also covers plant residue which is what straw has to be surely ?

If you dont burn wood or use your own wood you can't register on the bsl -self supplier lists as energy crops and their straw are not classified as ''WOODY''?

DECC state one thing- OFGEM state another thing- BSL state another thing ???

Arable crops/straws are sustainable energy crops but try and get that through to powers of B ?

More money to '' independant report '' people again I fear ????

Draft guidance was out last week. Did you get the email from rhi containg these links?

How do I comply with these new requirements?

Further explanation of the requirements and how to comply is set out in the Ofgem’s factsheets at:

Non-domestic:
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...lity-factsheet

Domestic:
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...d-domestic-rhi

Detailed guidance is also available on Ofgem’s website at the following links:

Non-domestic:
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...5-october-2015

Domestic:
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publication...d-domestic-rhi

How do I register as a supplier of fuel on the BSL?

Guidance on how to apply plus Q&A on how to register as a supplier can be found at the BSL website:
    http://biomass-suppliers-list.service.gov.uk/

Yes received that too ?
    Its Draft but we got to take it as gospel ?
    Tried to download the biomass and biogas GHG calculator - Said it could'nt open -more headaches I guess ?
    Its like wadeing through clay ?
    E mailed Ofgen and DECC lost count how many times but they take for ever to reply and when they do its only generic answers ?

As it comes in this October, the draft is the only thing we have to work on. I have submitted my
    Non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) Fuel Measurement and Sampling (FMS) Questionnairewhich says If you are an existing participant and intend to self-report on the sustainability requirements coming into force on 5 October 2015, please email the completed questionnaire to rhi.biomass-sustainability@ofgem.gov.uk as soon as possible. If we are able to agree your FMS procedures before the requirements come into force, this will reduce any chance of your payments being affected.

Have not yet had any acknowledgement. Still confused as to what is a consignment, but have had good support from our biogas trade association, ADBA

Its all still rather up in the air, but it is best to try to stay a bit ahead of the game if possible, so we have the best chance of dealing with the odd surprises

Stephen

The FMS Guidance (Version 1 ) book - states para 1.2 ''If 100% Biomass Fuel is used /NO measurement or sampling of fuel is required .''

Arable crop residues are 100% Biomass , so I guess its just the GHG quarterly figues we got to obtain is it ???

We are doing combined heat and power from biogas, so have to do the full works.

Stephen

Different versions of the FMS and Sustainability stuff in DRAFT form
    That keeps changing don't help ither ???

Is anyone here growing Miscanthus, or have decided against growing Miscanthus?

I am a MSc student at the University of East Anglia look at decision making around Miscanthus to better understand why the Energy Crop Scheme failed to attract enough interest.

If you have considered growing Miscanthus or are currently growing Miscanthus, and would like to offer some insight into your decision making, please email n.jamieson@uea.ac.uk or take 10-15minutes to fill in the survey below.

Thank you for any help.

http://goo.gl/forms/Cq9O3VReO5zJvCBw2