Thread: New green rules

4wd

New green rules

Blimey
    For people living in rural areas, prospects are even worse. Not only will new homes built in places where there is no access to mains gas have to be ‘zero carbon’ — but next year it will become illegal for them to have cylinder gas or oil-fired central heating.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...#ixzz1s9AlKkyh

y fan wen

Re: New green rules

Century of the Fruitcake

J_B

I got as far as this bit <<revealed by yesterday’s Daily Mail>> but then realised I didn't need to read any more

farfrae

Quote Originally Posted by J_B View Post
    I got as far as this bit <<revealed by yesterday’s Daily Mail>> but then realised I didn't need to read any more
    +1 especially when the article is by Christopher Booker. Did someone mention fruitcake above?

Whilst you can argue about the way things should be implemented and the housing stock improved; a drive round the UK looking at the state of the housing stock is a scary thing to do. Most buildings are inefficient rubbish.

It has been quite possible for the last 20 or 30 years to build houses that hardly need any energy input. But we've kept building crap at the insistence of builders and developers (whilst giving large donations to political parties to help fend off higher standards) and now that the energy supplies are in decline future generations won't be able to afford to heat them.

It is tw*ts like him and that awful rag that prevent the country having mature debates about any subject be it energy efficiency, motoring costs, unsustainable demands on the NHS or education. What does he suggest keep on building any old crap, use up all the oil, keep drinking, smoking and eating yourself to death, let children grow up ignorant?

The sooner the UK learns that there are limited resources in the world and that China, India, Brazil (and the rest) are going to have more of the cake; which means we are going to have less. Planning for that (leaving aside the politics of how it is done) and starting the process sooner rather than later can only be a good thing.

4wd

It's a real enough bill, I think he's exaggerating somewhat though.
    They have decided to not implement at least some of it today - for the time being.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...atory-tax.html