Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap laser level.

MickMoor

Re: Cheap laser level.

The laser is an excellent single-handed tool, has saved me loads more than it cost. As has been said, keep it calibrated regularly.
    I seem to recall being told that as it is a dead straight line, the curvature of the earth will lead to inaccuracies over long distances; something like a quarter of an inch over a quarter of a mile, so be careful on long drain runs!

massey765

Quote Originally Posted by MickMoor View Post
    The laser is an excellent single-handed tool, has saved me loads more than it cost. As has been said, keep it calibrated regularly.
    I seem to recall being told that as it is a dead straight line, the curvature of the earth will lead to inaccuracies over long distances; something like a quarter of an inch over a quarter of a mile, so be careful on long drain runs!
    hell, and heres me thinking they were spot on

mbsrhol

Quote Originally Posted by MickMoor View Post
    something like a quarter of an inch over a quarter of a mile, so be careful on long drain runs!
    Level grade always flows as long as the laser is at the outlet!

Ad

Quote Originally Posted by extremed View Post
    i've the same question as massey765,what sort of price is one that will work out fall and also seen people use them on the digger arm,is this more expensive?
    You mean a machine detector, i have 2 they cost 800 7 years ago probably get them cheaper now, they are magnetic and supposed to attach to the boom but have had some modifications over the years i also have 2 grade laser levels

Worth their weight in gold for my work

extremed

Ad is that 800 for the bit on the bucket or the full set up?