Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Jones T12 baler parts

  1. #1
    KMA
    Guest

    Jones T12 baler parts

    just about to start going over the baler getting it ready for this season and will be looking for parts.

    Eric (Emyr) was really helpful last year but haven't seen him posting here for a while, is he still around. Anyone else knows where I can source parts.

    One thing I will have to do this year is sharpen the knife, however I doubt if I'll be able get it out without damaging the Capscrews (part no. 921492, flat hd. hex skt. .500 UNF x 1.250) anyone know where I can source replacements or substitutes.

    Another part I definitely need is, 7006440 shim bush for the flywheel.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Exfarmer
    Guest

    Re: Jones T12 baler parts

    The cap screws should come undone ok
    if you can find one use an impact driver with hex sockets designed for it (black ones)
    clean out the holes thoroughly first

    When playing with the knife and ram do not forget to jam the plunger drive arm

  3. #3
    Courier
    Guest

    Re: Jones T12 baler parts

    Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    The cap screws should come undone ok
    if you can find one use an impact driver with hex sockets designed for it (black ones)
    clean out the holes thoroughly first

    When playing with the knife and ram do not forget to jam the plunger drive arm
    +1

  4. #4
    KMA
    Guest

    Re: Jones T12 baler parts

    yeah had a look at the cap screws had a hex wrench the same size but rapidly came to the conclusion I need an impact driver (don't think the knife has been out since it was built).

    Just put 7 quadrants through to clean things up a bit, gave the knife a rub with a file, checked the pressure on all the slip clutches (not had time to check since we got it last year). Working OK and producing very good bales but should be a lot better once I've gone over it thoroughly. Enough to keep me occupied on wet days for the next few weeks anyway.

  5. #5
    Courier
    Guest

    Re: Jones T12 baler parts

    Clean out the Allen heads well and use a new allen key strategically placed with a tube on it backed up to a piece of timber and slowly turn the flywheel over - the stud WILL give unless you are extemely unlucky :cry:

    Wear goggles

  6. #6
    KMA
    Guest

    Re: Jones T12 baler parts

    Quote Originally Posted by Courier View Post
    Clean out the Allen heads well and use a new allen key strategically placed with a tube on it backed up to a piece of timber and slowly turn the flywheel over - the stud WILL give unless you are extemely unlucky :cry:

    Wear goggles
    ah thanks hopefully save me trawling through screwfix, machinemart, etc., sites for an impact driver

  7. #7
    eric_t
    Guest

    Re: Jones T12 baler parts

    Im still here...

    Thanks for your email, I will look through the stores for the shim early next week.

    As said, clean the allen screws out cleanly, use a good well fitting key, jam the ram so it cant move etc etc

    Give the knife one or two well aimed, square blows with a lump hammer, this gives them a bit of a shock and helps slacken the job off a bit.

    Hope all is well with you

    Emyr

  8. #8
    KMA
    Guest

    Re: Jones T12 baler parts

    Hi Emyr all is good, not enough hours in the day though

    Plan to clean off the baler and get it into the workshop this week, Thankfully the workshop is huge and I've now got good lighting and sockets in there. Still sorting/finding tools as we go along, a lot of it is still in boxes from the move, found my bearing extractors but not the impact driver.

  9. #9
    eric_t
    Guest

    Re: Jones T12 baler parts

    Sent you an email a few days ago with parts, prices etc...

    If there's anyone else on here that needs some parts for Jones, Allis Chalmers or Bamford Balers, send me a PM, happy to help where I can

    Emyr

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1

    Re: Jones T12 baler parts

    Quote Originally Posted by eric_t View Post
    Sent you an email a few days ago with parts, prices etc...

    If there's anyone else on here that needs some parts for Jones, Allis Chalmers or Bamford Balers, send me a PM, happy to help where I can

    Emyr

    Hi I have a Mk10 Jones baler and was wondering where I can get a driveshaft UJ from? thanks Martin

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    north yorkshire
    Posts
    65

    Re: Jones T12 baler parts

    There's a bloke near ashbourne in Derbyshire breaks balers call Bill Carter 07889029744

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •