Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My suffolk lambed

Nithsdale farmer

Re: My suffolk lambed

Quote Originally Posted by JD_Kid View Post
    NF its a bad cycle more money so more payed for things at times over there true value be it rams or rent .. cars tractor all wear out so the dealers may loss in the short term but sooner or later they will make the sale ..

Aye theres alot of truth in that. Shed builders are a prime example along with most farm supply stores. Shit kinda hits the fan when if the sub was to go - alot of these guys wouldnt drop their prices, theyd keep them up for aslong as they could. If farmers keep buying the prices will stay up. Theres as many pick-up trucks sold to non farmers who will happily keep paying top dollar for example. The more streamlined buisness' will maybe be able to keep paying these prices and survive, just. Thatl put more pressure on the smaller struggling units who keep doing what they did 30 years ago and have never changed, and cant hack the non-sub world. They will sell up. In my area of the country i can see quite a few farms who will struggle (and im by no way saying my own is safe - but i think we are in a pretty good shape).

Stock prices will drop in-line, making things harder for some. Rent hardly ever goes down (grass parks might), no matter what position agriculture finds its self in.:cry:

JD_Kid

some thing drop some stay the same meat wool grains milk etc all stay about the same price is set by the end user even in the live market a butcher or supermarket has to make a dollar so the hands will go down ..

cars tractors etc etc depends on market shear they want to keep

some animal products may drop rent will drop and some land prices may drop if in areas with out other industrys or buyer to keep price up

keep in mind the SMP's were dropped in 84 in NZ if we still had them and they were removed now ummmm i don't know if farming would recover to be fair ... i have seen alot say they could farm without the SFP but the rules will not go if the SFP is taken away the shinearses will charge more and returns will be lowered

Nithsdale farmer

Quote Originally Posted by JD_Kid View Post
    some thing drop some stay the same meat wool grains milk etc all stay about the same price is set by the end user even in the live market a butcher or supermarket has to make a dollar so the hands will go down ..

cars tractors etc etc depends on market shear they want to keep

some animal products may drop rent will drop and some land prices may drop if in areas with out other industrys or buyer to keep price up

keep in mind the SMP's were dropped in 84 in NZ if we still had them and they were removed now ummmm i don't know if farming would recover to be fair ... i have seen alot say they could farm without the SFP but the rules will not go if the SFP is taken away the shinearses will charge more and returns will be lowered

You hit the nail on the head. The shit we wade through to get to the gold will always be thare, but the gold wont :cry:

JD_Kid

sad to say thats right ..
    alot of flocks did change after the crash in 84 but realy happened before then also the big drys in 89 and even some before that lead to huge changes culling programs were hard and fast

years of sheep worth nothing also speed up the program

old school breeder who did not breed what suited farmers got shut down seeing meat co's paying a bonus on yeilds there will be another wave of breeder eather step up or ship out

also haveing to as a breed handle sea level to 1000's of feet dry land to watered ground brown top in seed to alfalfa up to the top of there backs along with fly , foot, lambing probs etc etc