Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 123

Thread: Farm To Let

  1. #1
    woodywellingtons
    Guest

    Farm To Let

    Seen Tayler and Fletcher website.
    Nearly 600 acres arable and some buildings.
    Includes SPS
    Includes option to have an enhanced rent with wheat over 120/t....good thinking.
    So...............
    I might start a sweep stake for budding 'commentators'.
    Open firstly to guy who took Blenheim, make a nice round trip

  2. #2
    BeefandSleep
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    250/acre tenant taking SFP and ELS/HLS money as well
    If it was next door and had adequate storage & drying then that sounds realistic with at wheat 175-80, I would want a reduction if it went less tho, be happy to pay more if it went up.

  3. #3
    Neddy Flanders
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by BeefandSleep View Post
    If it was next door and had adequate storage & drying then that sounds realistic with at wheat 175-80, I would want a reduction if it went less tho, be happy to pay more if it went up.
    You'd be a bit nervous next July watching 300 acs rape and 300 wheat flapping around in the wind, knowing you've shelled out nearly quarter of a million in rent and growing costs, with not a penny to show for it.

    If you've got that sort of cash lying around, why not buy something useful.

  4. #4
    robw54
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    renter keeps SFP/ELS - must be 90/acre = 54k, wheat at 3t/acre @ 130 270k

    cost at 250k

    worth the risk/reward?

  5. #5
    BeefandSleep
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by Neddy Flanders View Post
    You'd be a bit nervous next July watching 300 acs rape and 300 wheat flapping around in the wind, knowing you've shelled out nearly quarter of a million in rent and growing costs, with not a penny to show for it.

    If you've got that sort of cash lying around, why not buy something useful.

    If I looked at it that way would I be farming at all?

  6. #6
    Seat Right Back
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    SFP could be worth didly squat in 2 years time ,

  7. #7
    walter melon
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by robw54 View Post
    renter keeps SFP/ELS - must be 90/acre = 54k, wheat at 3t/acre @ 130 270k

    cost at 250k

    worth the risk/reward?
    If you were successful you'd fix some wheat forward wouldn't you? Say 1.5t/ac @ 160/t base with a min non defaultable premium on top. That would secure at least 145k assuming the entire 600ac is block copped. That would cover the rent side of things. Your SFP and ELS would cover 80% of the stubble to stubble costs, so your remaining 1.5t/ac needs to cover inputs and leave a profit.
    So basically you need to grow at least 3.5t/ac really although funding it would mean any interest on borrowed money in year one would leave not profit I would think.

  8. #8
    nick channer
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    we're putting an offer in for that land and we're 65 miles away..

  9. #9
    Johndeere
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by nick channer View Post
    we're putting an offer in for that land and we're 65 miles away..
    Don't tell woody that he holds a grudge!

  10. #10
    Johndeere
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by woodywellingtons View Post
    Seen Tayler and Fletcher website.
    Nearly 600 acres arable and some buildings.
    Includes SPS
    Includes option to have an enhanced rent with wheat over 120/t....good thinking.
    So...............
    I might start a sweep stake for budding 'commentators'.
    Open firstly to guy who took Blenheim, make a nice round trip
    16 miles for you, 4 from my land! Who's making the 'trip'

  11. #11
    MrNoo
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by Johndeere View Post
    16 miles for you, 4 from my land! Who's making the 'trip'
    3 miles from some of mine, race ya...!!!!
    Is it not the land that Mark Binder had/owns/farmed?

  12. #12
    JMM
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Land belongs to a family from Shipton Oliffe, and was farmed in hand for the last 7 or so years, I looked at it and haven't bothered tendering as I have an idea who will get it. Its all wheels within wheels, no wonder younger folk like me can't get to expand, we don't move in the right circles

  13. #13
    MrNoo
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Batsford based?

  14. #14
    JMM
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    closer than that

  15. #15
    David.
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Land belongs to a family from Shipton Oliffe, and was farmed in hand for the last 7 or so years, I looked at it and haven't bothered tendering as I have an idea who will get it. Its all wheels within wheels, no wonder younger folk like me can't get to expand, we don't move in the right circles
    So all they need do is sit back and let the long dicks set the rent figure for them then

  16. #16
    Exfarmer
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post
    Land belongs to a family from Shipton Oliffe, and was farmed in hand for the last 7 or so years, I looked at it and haven't bothered tendering as I have an idea who will get it. Its all wheels within wheels, no wonder younger folk like me can't get to expand, we don't move in the right circles
    if you dont tender you will never get a farm
    it is a good exercise and it will alert agents to the fact you are looking

    but I do know it is difficult when you see the number of people chasing such farms

  17. #17
    Goweresque
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by Exfarmer View Post
    if you dont tender you will never get a farm
    it is a good exercise and it will alert agents to the fact you are looking

    but I do know it is difficult when you see the number of people chasing such farms

    This. Having been on the other end of the deal a few years ago (when wheat was 70-80/tonne so a bit of a different ball game) I can say that while the owners might have an initial preference in mind, that does not mean that everything is set in stone. I think we had about 7 or 8 bids for a 3 year FBT, and interviewed 4 or 5. The land ended up going partly to a new person and partly to an existing contractor, so some might have said it was all decided beforehand, and not worth bidding. However my contractor now is one of the under bidders from that process, so although he wasn't successful then it made an initial contact that bore fruit at later date.

  18. #18
    aardvark
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    If you are paying 250 an acre, to my mind you are just a busy fool.

  19. #19
    nick channer
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    most land round here is rented for nothing and landlord keeps the entitlements.. some pay 20-30 on top... we just taken 360 acres and paid 70 on top.. everyone said we've paid over the top.. all land averages 3 ton acre in wheat..

  20. #20
    Farmer Brown
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by BeefandSleep View Post
    If I looked at it that way would I be farming at all?


    Well if you look at things the way your previous post suggests...

    Quote:
    If it was next door and had adequate storage & drying then that sounds realistic with at wheat 175-80, I would want a reduction if it went less tho, be happy to pay more if it went up.

    you won't be farming for that much longer!
    :lolk:

    but if u think 250/ac is reasonable go ahead and fill yer boots! and in a couple of years you can post the pictures of your farm sale!

  21. #21
    Steevo
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Go on then....who'll admit they tendered for this then? I went for a wander on viewing day but that is as far as I went.

  22. #22
    nick channer
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    [QUOTE=Steevo;929753]Go on then....who'll admit they tendered for this then? I went for a wander on viewing day but that is as far as I went.[/QUO 65 miles from us and we're in...

  23. #23
    woodywellingtons
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    I'm IN.

  24. #24
    andy26
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Out of interest the weblink for details is here:

    http://www.taylerandfletcher.co.uk/s...0let&subpage=1

    Although you're to late to 'be in'.

  25. #25
    Goweresque
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Anyone fancy being the tenant of Sun Myung Moon?

    http://www.mooreallen.co.uk/agricultural/index.php

    (click on rural properties)

  26. #26
    Johndeere
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by woodywellingtons View Post
    I'm IN.
    Good luck

  27. #27
    NeilO
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by Johndeere View Post
    Good luck
    Are you hoping someone gets it at a daft rent, so that you get cut a little slack on here.

  28. #28
    Johndeere
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilO View Post
    Are you hoping someone gets it at a daft rent, so that you get cut a little slack on here.
    Yawn! I bet it goes for silly money! Obviousley Wales is cheaper

  29. #29
    NeilO
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    Quote Originally Posted by Johndeere View Post
    Yawn! I bet it goes for silly money! Obviousley Wales is cheaper
    Hmmm. With 200ac upland grass farms getting 200-250/ac at tender, what is 'silly money' for Cotswold arable land?

  30. #30
    nick channer
    Guest

    Re: Farm To Let

    in bucks bare arable land goes for min 160 acre with tennant taking SFP.
    we tendered end last week for another 570 acres.. no barns and thats up around 200 acre..
    for us although quarryhill farm is 65 miles away i'd rather that than the 570 acres thats 6 miles away... land here will av 3 ton wheat and lot clay/flint.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •