Thread: 50kw solar installed price

big_phil

50kw solar installed price

Well whats the latest prices out there ?

micmacman

Re: 50kw solar installed price

bout 90k...just under 2grand a kw

tom

... or if near Halifax maybe 75k (1.5k/kw)

big_phil

wow i thought solar had halved in price !!

deere2140

Never mind a turbine , get the grant and milk more cows , you know it makes sense .

RGSP

I don't know about installed retail price, but the international wholesale price has been steadily dropping at between 30 and 40% per year, as it has for several years, and almost certainly will do for several more. This figure may well be out of date, but a couple of months ago the wholesale (volume) price was between $0.45 and $0.65 per watt (depending on your purchasing leverage).

Retail prices are much less predictable, and in the last year or so there have been both very rapid falls and then flat periods in the UK, connected with changes to FIT tariffs mostly, and more directly by how many orders the installers have on their books.

Since there are now quite a lot of adverts for 4kW domestic systems at less than 7,000 including installation etc. and a few at under 6,000, I would have thought the target price for a 50kW installation ought to be around 60,000 now, but that's my speculation, not hard fact. It'll be under 50,000 by the start of 2013 I think.

porterswood

Bowler Energy have their installed price at 81000 for 50KW. It gets cheaper the bigger the system gets.

More can be found here:

http://solarpv.bowlerenergy.co.uk/returns-from-solar-pv

scrambler

I had a quote of 60,000 for 50kw inatalled but I had never heard of the panel manufacturer. Then had a quote for Suntech panels at 62,000 for 48kw (the max I can put into the grid. Now the planners will not let me build the barn with a monopitch roof, so I can only get 25kw on there, so am now waiting for a revised quote.

honest john

They are all very slack now. I think you should try for 60K now. The Panels cost 25K approx. Wholesale. I think they cost approx 50K to build up now. + 20% = 60K.

big_phil

so 50k ex vat is the price now?where do i get that from?

big_phil

bump

honest john

Quote Originally Posted by big_phil View Post
    I think most quotes will be around 80K now. I think there is still money in it at 60 to 65 K.
    I have no new quotes as not looking now. Just my thoughts.

RGSP

Quote Originally Posted by honest john View Post
    I think most quotes will be around 80K now. I think there is still money in it at 60 to 65 K.
    I have no new quotes as not looking now. Just my thoughts.
    I'd go along with Honest John's opinion. Nobody is going to quote you 60K if they think there's a chance of getting 80K out of someone, and that chance may well exist at the moment because the next reduction in FIT payments is getting a bit close if the installation is to be completed before the reduction.
    There will be a rapid reduction in retail prices after the FIT reduction deadline, but then of course the income from the system will be less as well. Sorry, it's an expensive game of bluff and balance.

big_phil

in farmers weekly today advert for 50kw installed for 69k

R Wornham

in farmers weekly today advert for 50kw installed for 69k
    So thats 2000 less than it was in January 12 and we have produced 11400kw so far.

big_phil

is that good ?

R Wornham

Just what we have done on a 50kw from first 79 days 15/2/12/ - 3/5/12. Always looking for those about that can present a comparison.

RGSP

For that period, near enough 960 kW.hrs from a 4kW peak system, so quite similar to yours.

scrambler

For 25kw, I have now had two quotes. One for 40,000 and one for 35,000. Both using Suntech panels. The return looks ok at that.

big_phil

Ive had a company quote 57.5 k for a 50kw with ldk 230w panels and 3 solar max 15000mt inverters and 31,570 for a 30 kw all ex vat anybody heard of these panels?

davidroberts30

Quote Originally Posted by R Wornham View Post
    Just what we have done on a 50kw from first 79 days 15/2/12/ - 3/5/12. Always looking for those about that can present a comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by RGSP View Post
    For that period, near enough 960 kW.hrs from a 4kW peak system, so quite similar to yours.
    27feb to today,870kw/h from 3.8kw system

JDS

Had a quote for 49kwp on top of grain store, 92k.
    Is this reasonable? Needs a frame to sit in as to not invalidate warranty of roof.

mf6480

depends what your frame is costing and what else is needed to wire it in as this is site specific. but on the basis of cost per kw it seems a bit high. most are around 1500/kwp or less depending on the panel choice.

big_phil

57.5 k installed best price i found