Thread: 3M Bertini on Sale in Lincs

Pedders

3M Bertini on Sale in Lincs

Agri linc have got this for sale at the moment ..

Andrew Kerr

Re: 3M Bertini on Sale in Lincs

Probably great in the dry, but what about the wet?

Willscale

Too dear I'd say.

Pedders

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Kerr View Post
    Probably great in the dry, but what about the wet?
    haven't you heard theres a drought on ? ...its never going to be wet again !

seriously though |I have heard they can have problems in wet conditions

have read on a french website that they sometimes remove one of the depth wheels on the seeding disc ... to allow more flow through the machine I presume

Pedders

Quote Originally Posted by Willscale View Post
    Too dear I'd say.
    2007 only done 500 acres and current new price is approx 45000...but it is too dear

Willscale

Quote Originally Posted by Pedders View Post
    2007 only done 500 acres and current new price is approx 45000...but it is too dear
    Well i'm just saying it if someone fancies it then remember there's no spare parts, no dealer backup and spares come from Argentina or France (maybe).

So it is worth buying but I think for those issues alone if I were a farmer wanting to buy it I'd offer 10k. But I still think its the best triple disc I've seen - but they also probably need to be in the right hands ie a farmer with a bit of DD experience.

Badshot

Neighbour had a couple of these and got rid fairly quick when they fell apart regularly. It did work well though and 4m killed a magnum putting spring beans into overwinter oats.

Michael S

What we learnt at Tony Reynolds' is it is a good drill but a seriously dry weather tool. They suggested even in September it may not go in the morning if there is a dew.

Looks the part if you're keen with two small boxes as well as the big box so you could do fertiliser, rape and slug pellets in a single pass.

Michael

marco

ben burgess has a 6meter 750A for sale. just noticed

http://www.benburgess.co.uk/usedmach.../11039036/GBP#

York

the price is not tooo high if you use the options the Bertini is coming with = multiple meterings.
    wet drilling: we have found that in 2rather" wetter conditions the amount of living cover is making a heck of a difference and eliminating the described experiences.
    So, for a person which is going to be in the new thinking of all aspects of No Till this machine will be not expensive. for a person which want's just thinks No till is just letting tillage be history but doesn't inhale all the aspects of No Till this machine will be too costly as all other will be as well.
    Hope the drill finds a good home. Can't see the precision metering on it, if she has also the precision metering on it will be just a bargain.
    Spare parts: with some planing and thinking ahead even that will not be a problem. The French importer seems to be looking after this topic quite well.
    York-Th.

Pedders

Quote Originally Posted by York View Post
    the price is not tooo high if you use the options the Bertini is coming with = multiple meterings.
    wet drilling: we have found that in 2rather" wetter conditions the amount of living cover is making a heck of a difference and eliminating the described experiences.
    So, for a person which is going to be in the new thinking of all aspects of No Till this machine will be not expensive. for a person which want's just thinks No till is just letting tillage be history but doesn't inhale all the aspects of No Till this machine will be too costly as all other will be as well.
    Hope the drill finds a good home. Can't see the precision metering on it, if she has also the precision metering on it will be just a bargain.
    Spare parts: with some planing and thinking ahead even that will not be a problem. The French importer seems to be looking after this topic quite well.
    York-Th.
    Don't think it has the precision metering ...SimonC got that one 4m pneumatic precision seeder for 7k now that was a bargain !

8m one working in France
    [YOUTUBE]Gwhw5Q0rGbw[/YOUTUBE]

Michael S

What is the yellow piece on the drawbar? It looks like raised hood for a fan: http://www.agri-linc.com/shop/images...5/mu100820.jpg

Michael

Jim Bullock

From the photo I can see a complete system..the Bertini drill and the sub-soiler/Stocks combo in the back-ground..

Badshot

Quote Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
    What is the yellow piece on the drawbar? It looks like raised hood for a fan: http://www.agri-linc.com/shop/images...5/mu100820.jpg

Michael
    I think it is a fan, if you look at the front of the drill it does say pneumatic planter on it. So it will operate like the sulky box and be air assisted delivery but still have individual metering for each coulter.

Michael S

Quote Originally Posted by Badshot View Post
    I think it is a fan, if you look at the front of the drill it does say pneumatic planter on it. So it will operate like the sulky box and be air assisted delivery but still have individual metering for each coulter.
    I thought a fan but I can't see what it does. All the pipes appear to fall straight from the boxes to the coulters.

Michael

Michael S

Having looked at the Bertini website it appears the fan is for precision seeding but the seed units aren't pictured anywhere.

Michael

SimonC

The fan is for the singulation system, it blows into the drawbar and then into the big square tool bar across the front of the drill where the seeding units are mounted. You can see yellow caps where there should be flexible pipes to each seed distributor. I can't think of any other use for the air, the three hoppers have gravity pipes to the coulters. There should be a PTO driven hydraulic pump for the fan, hence the oil tank, but there isn't a suction pipe which should go into the blanked off connector at the bottom of the front of the tank. The vertical plastic tube on the front of the tank has a floating ball in it so that you can see and adjust the air pressure.