i even found power in the pillar so no wires around the cab
    theres a 14inch blade there now but thats getting upgraded to 18 as soon as

you remember the part number?

Re: Hedgecutting

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    you remember the part number?
    no

just looked
    vlc3005 90 degree sweep,but i recon the vlc3007 115 degree sweep would do too

Quote Originally Posted by davidroberts30 View Post
    no

just looked
    vlc3005 90 degree sweep,but i recon the vlc3007 115 degree sweep would do too
    good lad cheers

Shelbourne are Launching this VFRT at LAMMA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Re: Hedgecutting

Their still cutting around here -thought 1st March was dead line ?????

I think you can apply for derogations, and roadside ones can be done at any time if it's related to keeping the highway clear and safer.

A couple of horsey types have asked me to come and tidy their paddocks up with the trimmer, bloke who owns the trimmer has told me no go ,,,, the man will be issuing fines for breaking the deadline rules,,,

weird though as I could go down with my chain saw and set about the job,,,

EDIT,, after having a look at one of the jobs it needs most of it sorting with a saw before the "hedge" can be trimmed any way,, I did say to the couple involved it would be 27.50 hr for hedge trimming,, they thought that was very expensive,, tried to explain if they did once a year it would take 3-4 hours I stead of about 3-4 days and involve a fire the size of their big field,,, but hey,,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

does the driver not risk getting done with destroying nesting birds regardless who told him to do it ?

Big farm not near roads and burning trash heaps too- gives bad veiw of farmers and farming ???

McConnel Orbitor head bracket??

Been thinking about getting an Orbitor head bracket added to my new McConnel 6570T when I get it next month, anybody got any experiences of them??

ive had one on for a year . find it handy instead of having a hydraulic roller for doing odd bits athough if im cutting a lot of grass i your still better of shifting it . its handy for doing the end of a hedge/gatway sit still and lift the boom up , doesnt matter how wide it is ,cos your not moving you dont get any steps in it . you do need to be carfull though , when you angle the head it throws all the thorns directly at the cab . ive not found any real benefit cutting heavy stuff , you lift the front up but it just means the roller is pushing the branches back away from the flail . the main reason for me having it is because of cabs on the new claas is further forward so we had to put an extention on the head to bring it forward so we need the orbiter unit to fold the head out the way when its in transport

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled View Post
    ive had one on for a year . find it handy instead of having a hydraulic roller for doing odd bits athough if im cutting a lot of grass i your still better of shifting it . its handy for doing the end of a hedge/gatway sit still and lift the boom up , doesnt matter how wide it is ,cos your not moving you dont get any steps in it . you do need to be carfull though , when you angle the head it throws all the thorns directly at the cab . ive not found any real benefit cutting heavy stuff , you lift the front up but it just means the roller is pushing the branches back away from the flail . the main reason for me having it is because of cabs on the new claas is further forward so we had to put an extention on the head to bring it forward so we need the orbiter unit to fold the head out the way when its in transport
    What sort of money does it cost? Is there a transport pin or similar to lock them out?

There's no way of locking it out not on mine anyway . thats not a problem although you definitely dont want to put the spool into float . did it once not a good move. mine is straight into the back of the tractor .couldnt give you an exact price but i think it was round about 1000 although a telescopic you'll need longer pipes.

btw thought you couldnt see by a spearhead??

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled View Post
    btw thought you couldnt see by a spearhead??
    Just fancied a McConnel, everyone has been raving about them for all these years....

The Spearhead rep I dealt with left the company, whereas the McConnel rep lives just about 6 miles from here so I can always dump it in his driveway if its a pile of pants

been asked for a couple of pics of the extension on the hedger .put them on here as i couldnt work out how to do it through phone by pm