Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our twin C&F 15s

fermerboy

Re: Our twin C&F 15s

Quote Originally Posted by Raider 112 View Post
    Never got round to thinking about it yet, but our turbine is not insured. Tended to think the guarantee would cover any problems but thunder today got me thinking about lightning strikes, and I cannot see that it would be covered for that. What are you all doing about insurance, and what does it cost for a 15 kw turbine?
    My one is insured with Clark Thomson @ 420/yr including interuption cover which covers loss of income for up to 6months if its not working for whatever reason, including breakdown/accident/etc
    Don't know if this is good or not, but it similar to what I have heard others being quoted.

830profistar

Forgot to update on the 1st, but not to worry its on the notepad that now lives on the meter box.

so 1st September 2012

Turbine 1 - 4765 Kwh
    Turbine 2 - 4067 Kwh

Still waiting on Gendrive to come and sort out this unit that keeps tripping out, its not the power supply to blame, so must be a software problem. they were meant to come a week ago, but couldnt get their other appointment to suit, and wasnt worth coming just to us!

so far this month turbine 1 is just passed 8k today, so looks like september could be the best yet.

alexsmb

Have you joined the C&F customers group I have set up? Have a look at http://groupspaces.com/CFCustomers. It would be good to get your figures up on the spreadsheet for people to compare against.

Lodestar

I think the membership list is maxed out, we've meant to have moved to greenenergynet.com which I dont like as much.

alexsmb

Quote Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
    I think the membership list is maxed out, we've meant to have moved to greenenergynet.com which I dont like as much.
    I have paid to up the membership to 500. Didn't tell anyone though .

Lodestar

Time to update the news then

btw there's a much cheaper 200 member plan. They've just made it had to see.

alexsmb

Done.

830profistar

1st October,

Turbine 1 says - 10501 kwh
    Turbine 2 says - 8996 kwh

So
    July 2012 no1 - 1346 kwh
    no2 - 1175 kwh
    Total - 2520 kwh

August 2012 no1 - 3419 Kwh
    no2 - 2892 Kwh
    total - 6311 Kwh

September 2012 no1 - 5736 Kwh
    no2 - 4929 Kwh
    Total -10665 Kwh

Hopefully that makes it a bit clearer on here to whats happening. i will get it up onto the c&f owners site when i get around to it.

Pleased to say that theyre going well, more than can be said for a couple others of a similar scale in the area.
    Nigel from Gendrive was here on friday, and so far havnt seen any of the inverters on standby. so hopefully some updates and voltage limit adjustment was all it needed. we shall see at the end of the month.

alexsmb

September figures are not too bad at all. I see that T1 is always producing more. It is a better site or is it the programming?

830profistar

Quote Originally Posted by alexsmb View Post
    September figures are not too bad at all. I see that T1 is always producing more. It is a better site or is it the programming?
    its because that until last friday one of the inverters on T2 was cutting out pretty much constantly when the turbine went over roughly 10kw. since the software was modified on friday it hasnt cut out at all, and has prodeced much the same as T1. so next month they should be much more the same.
    T2 is actually about 10m higher than T1

Raider 112

Has everyone had the update where the 2 grey circular things are added ? (really technical that! ) We got them put in about 6 weeks ago and I dont think its ran a full 24 hours since. At first they said its a coincidence but now they dont seem sure, they keep setting it off in the morning but you can bet money its not running the next morning. They keep saying some-one will be round to it but I think its passed time they were here, they plug the service on the adverts but with engineers having to come from Ireland I dont think they should be.

830profistar

Quote Originally Posted by Raider 112 View Post
    Has everyone had the update where the 2 grey circular things are added ? (really technical that! ) We got them put in about 6 weeks ago and I dont think its ran a full 24 hours since. At first they said its a coincidence but now they dont seem sure, they keep setting it off in the morning but you can bet money its not running the next morning. They keep saying some-one will be round to it but I think its passed time they were here, they plug the service on the adverts but with engineers having to come from Ireland I dont think they should be.
    Grey circular things you say? thats my kind of descriptive language, but think you may need to be a bit more specific, havnt heard anything about this?

clover

Quote Originally Posted by 830profistar View Post
    Grey circular things you say? thats my kind of descriptive language, but think you may need to be a bit more specific, havnt heard anything about this?
    I think he actually means...grey circular THINGYS....

fermerboy

Didn't get grey circular thingys at all.

Got a big grey square(well rectangular) thingy that seems to clunk like hell when all the trips trip out! :cry: :cry: :cry:

clover

Shouldve got a Proven.They dont have much by way of "thingys". Just some car springs,a few dampers etc.All held together with cable ties.Perhaps not very reliable,but the parts are easily described when they fail.Down side is,theyre not much good if you like boiling water in your tea.Luke warm not a problem.Mostly.

cornish cowboy

we had same round things fitted on 14 sept. they said they were chucks.they were fitted on gendrives recommendation or so i believe.ours has been running fine since they went on

alexsmb

I believe the grey thingys house a larger over voltage relay than before. Originally this sat behind the panel which houses all the trips but the replacement is too large hence the grey box to put it in.

830profistar

Well, seeing as its the new year and into a new month thought i would post up the numbers for the last few months.

October 2012
    no1 - 3756
    no2 - 3580
    Total - 7336kwh. quite a quiet month

November 2012
    no1 - 4564
    no2 - 4503
    Total - 9067kwh. better

December 2012
    no1 - 5275
    no2 - 5226
    Total - 10501kwh. just short of September, it being the one to beat

Could possibly have beaten it if they hadnt been shut down by HQ last Friday night, and Sunday night. it was windy, but nowhere near where they should shut them down.
    Do they not trust the turbines to brake themselves and shut down when they need to?
    on friday night they only shut down No1? bit odd. started it again when the wind was down about 14m/s.
    But then i suppose theyre better being off for a few hours than breaking themselves and being off for weeks.

So turbines have been running for 165 days now (if may maths is right.)

so on average T1 has done 146kwh per day, and T2 135.1kwh

T2 still seems to be slightly behind and limits itself a bit more when its windy. maybe someday it will even out.

Looking around at the other makes in the area, i think C&F was the right way to go they even produce some days when the big ones up the hill dont!

BadLamber

Happy new year everyone. That seems good enough results there profi. I agree they seem to be very good machines if you have a reasonable site. I am pleased with my one as well.