Thread: Case JX

Case JX

Hi All. First post here. I bought a second hand case JX90 from an elderly neighbour recently. Very happy with it except for 1 small thing that is annoying me and I am not sure if its an issue or not. I have searched the user manual, asked the original owner and googled it but cannot find an answer. I would go to the main case dealer but I dont know how they will respond seen as I didn't buy from them.

The issue is, when i switch on the ignition it starts beeping but as soon as i start the engine the beeping stops. There are no warning lights or alarms displayed. At first I though it might be a safety alert, for example, the handbrake was not pulled or the tractor was in gear but its neither of these.

The strange thing is this beeping was not there when i test drove the tractor or on the morning i went to pick it up. It started later that day.

Re: Case JX

Hi the beeping is for steering pressure and as soon as the engine starts and the pressure builds the beeping stops. Annoying tho isnít.

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

Re: Case JX

I'm minded to think that the elderly owner wasn't as slow as you might think, perhaps he had the pesky beeper disconnected when he owned it and then reconnected it before you picked it up to leave it "right again".