Thread: Matbro 250 110 engine

Matbro 250 110 engine

I recently noticed an engine oil leak on my matbro it appears to be coming from the flywheel area and possibly the drive knuckle that runs off it has worn out, any advice on this presume it means engine out, big overhaul job? And of course right in the middle of calving season

Re: Matbro 250 110 engine

Quote Originally Posted by case015 View Post
    I recently noticed an engine oil leak on my matbro it appears to be coming from the flywheel area and possibly the drive knuckle that runs off it has worn out, any advice on this presume it means engine out, big overhaul job? And of course right in the middle of calving season
    Cab off be easier. Unless you need to do sump gasket and or timing case gaskets etc.

Did rear crank seal, flywheel ring gear and drive coupling a few years ago on one while I had the cab off, wasn't that difficult really. Also while cab was off I did a few hoses, particularly the short hose from steering priority valve to the steel pipe above rear axle, with cab on this hose is near impossible to get to so even though it wasn't leaking an looked fine I changed it anyway.

Thanks actually looked at pictures of a refurb job you done on a 250-110 with cab off, mine is using a drop of water aswell

Quote Originally Posted by case015 View Post
    Thanks actually looked at pictures of a refurb job you done on a 250-110 with cab off, mine is using a drop of water aswell
    the common hidden places on the engine to leak are the timing case gasket to block just behind the fuel injector pump, and the oil cooler on the side of the block above the starter motor has a rubber hose pressed in to the block behind the cooler.