Thread: Vaderstad hydraulic fan

doehill

Vaderstad hydraulic fan

Does any one with a Vaderstad drill with hydraulic fan suffer with pulsing of the pipes but the fan speed is constant.

AandR

Re: Vaderstad hydraulic fan

No nothing of vardy's but just resealed fan motor on a Horsh drill due to it leaking on the shaft, desided to test the back pressure on the return line only to find it was running with 20bar back pressure took quick release couplers off and held pipe in filler and back pressure went down to 18 bar.

This machine was still piped as standard from the factory and how the dealer supplied it, the hand book said no more than 5bar back pressure!
    Feed and return pipes are 1/2".
    Currently about to up grade the 1/2" return pipe to 3/4" and retest it.

richardyoung

We have the same problem with a hydraulic fan on a kuhn Venta.

JohnDeere8530

agree with 'telehandler man', mine did similar, turned out to be the q/r connector on output of fan to back of tractor. Plumbed it straight into the top of the backend with the centre taken out of a connector so back pressure would of been <1bar. It stopped it

On another note, was suprised by the fact that these fans take about 18-20hp to run from the hydraulic circuit. !

Gapples

Agreed, plumbed in hundreds of flow/returns over the years, beats me why anyone would use 1/2 feed AND return ? 5/8 return will do you fine with a 1/2 feed & use a 3/4 Q/R coupling on the return

AandR

Quote Originally Posted by Gapples View Post
    Agreed, plumbed in hundreds of flow/returns over the years, beats me why anyone would use 1/2 feed AND return ? 5/8 return will do you fine with a 1/2 feed & use a 3/4 Q/R coupling on the return
    I'am told fan motors on horch drills (this model anyway) blowing seals is a common problem, no wonder when they send them out the factory with 1/2 returns on them.
    Unfortunatly for my customer the suppling dealer does not want to know and is saying the extra back pressure is due to a faulty motor.
    I told him to say okay dealer supply me a new motor and see how they back out of that when it makes no difference, but customer can't be bothered with the hassle.

doehill

Thanks for all the replys i will try and see if they heip

AandR

Quote Originally Posted by AandR View Post
    No nothing of vardy's but just resealed fan motor on a Horsh drill due to it leaking on the shaft, desided to test the back pressure on the return line only to find it was running with 20bar back pressure took quick release couplers off and held pipe in filler and back pressure went down to 18 bar.

This machine was still piped as standard from the factory and how the dealer supplied it, the hand book said no more than 5bar back pressure!
    Feed and return pipes are 1/2".
    Currently about to up grade the 1/2" return pipe to 3/4" and retest it.
    Update on this job.

Fitted the 3/4 return with 3/4 quick release fittings got back pressure down to 10bar! Had to upgrade the short hose to the return on the spool block to 3/4 too down side is the adaptor to the spool return is 22m so not much bigger than the internal 1/2 bsp fittings, bit crap for a return really. but back pressure dropped to 4 bar so happy at that.

Did put the return in the back end filler to try but after about 60 seconds the tractor cut out and warning of low oil came on, due to oil taking to long to reach the sump/flow back though the rear end to the pump i guess

doehill

After doing all what every one said to try nothing made any difference contacted vaderstad and they said to put a needle vale in the supply line and run up the drill to get the RPM with the tractor flow valve and the adjust the needle vale to reduce the RPM by 100 RPM that is what we did and now it runs good. Thanks for all the help.