Thread: Trimble CFX750-Quantimeter

Godber

Trimble CFX750-Quantimeter

We currently use Trimble's CFX750 to EZ-Steer our Claas 540

Would it be possible to make yield maps using the Quantimeter?

There's a printer fitted but not a card reader which may be a problem going by the little research I've done.

Would appreciate a little info if anyone knows.

Field Track

Re: Trimble CFX750-Quantimeter

You need the card reader and an unlock. Class will do both. Could be all of 2000. Once done you'll need Agromap from Soyl to convert Class data to something you can read/use. Finally you'll need a null modem cable and a serial adaptor to get GPS from the 750 to the combine GPS input socket.

Godber

Thanks Charles (you are a step ahead of your southern friends).

I will get on to Claas

drifter

As Charles rightly said, CEBIS unlock code from CLAAS, depending on the year of the combine, either replacement printer for printer with card reader or replacement CEBIS head unit (same price for either option). Agromap from SOYL. CFX will feed the gps into CEBIS via RS232 and null modem, make sure the Htz output from the CFX is set to 1.

Richard

Field Track

About the only thing I will add is that when you do resets of the 500 (thus I assume the 750) it doesn't save, or record the Hz setting for the GPS output. Thus if you ever reset your GPS device double check the GPS Hz output, or it'll stuff up your yield map, as limited data and the default 5Hz is just enough to bugger the yield map but not enough data to crash CEBIS, which would at least tell you something was wrong. Works (just) but the maps aren't as good as they could be.

Trimble do a serial port output cable. Any null modem cable will do. The CEBIS port is hidden away under the paneling.

Godber

Thanks for your help.

Claas are having a look at an exchange CEBIS as a cost effective way.

We had a chat with our RDS agent who could supply their 8000i yield monitor, which uses Quantimeter weight and moisture outputs, for 2.5K installed and ready for mapping. This may well be a cheaper easier way?

Field Track

Might be an option, as the Claas system changes on the newer models and the unlock is for the combine not you, though upgrading the unlock to a new combine is less money. Taking the system off the brand means it might well be easier/cheaper come the time you upgrade the combine.

We only did it because the combine came with the data card reader and CEBIS already unlocked. Had it not then we might not have even bothered, though makes for interesting maps that jog your memory and allow for easier directing of people to test certain places, or tell the fellow where to muck the field, etc.

Bernie the Bolt

we have a class 470 using a trimble fmx and ez steer will have yield mapping for this season. combine has yield monitoring but not compatable with trimble so replacing class monitor on elevator for trimble system to do yield mapping for about 3000

Field Track

I could be wrong but I find that hard to believe. Doesn't the 470 range have yield monitoring in CEBIS? Our old 410 had GPS input, as we once tried it off a patch aerial for speed. The FMx will output the same and it'll only need a cable and a Claas CEBIS unlock?

About the only thing you have to do is match the FMx GPS output string to what the CEBIS wants, so a combo of the less info (select the first two, or three data types on the FMx) and also need to match the serial port settings. Forget what they are but 1Hz and 4800bps will usually get it working. Can't recall what the settings are but trial and error usually gets data flowing.

When you say 'not compatable' I'd like to know how and where, as I can't see how it would be.

Field Track

Further, you might be confusing getting yield data onto the FMx, where as I'm thinking the CEBIS will do the mapping and only needs a GPS signal off the FMx. FMx will certainly not read data from the combine sensors, which is maybe what you are referring.

MJB

Quote Originally Posted by Godber View Post
    Thanks for your help.

We had a chat with our RDS agent who could supply their 8000i yield monitor, which uses Quantimeter weight and moisture outputs, for 2.5K installed and ready for mapping. This may well be a cheaper easier way?
    We looked at this too and having run and RDS system in the past it is a good route to take. The only thing I would say is it might be worth your while getting the complete RDS system installed so you can move it to your next machine if you wish and your current machine stays original.

Matt

Chae

Quote Originally Posted by Godber View Post
    Thanks for your help.

It's ridiculous that you have quantimeter and have bought CFx 750 yet it's still cheaper to pay 2.5k for rds yield monitor. Surely someone could develop something cheaper to make all these systems communicate. You ve got everything there screen, gps, yield meter.

We have a 750 also and combine with quantimeter. Where do the variable rate savings come from when you ve to pay all this to get started...

Then they'll want more money for an unlock code for variable rate and a "special" cable that will allow fert spreader to talk to Trimble.

Ross M

Only the FMX display can be used to display on the go Yield monitoring through the ISO 11783 format. This is basically JD 50/60/70 series combines and Ag Leader YM200.
    Trimble now sell an aftermarket Yield monitoring kit (Claas/NH/Case/Generic) which again, will only work through the FMX display.
    In North America, a simple cable will connect the Claas to the Trimble bos, but due to political reasons, this is ONLY going to be over there. Which leaves us up the swanny.
    Mentioned above are cables and unlocks etc... which i can't comment on as it's a minefield for connecting.

Chae

http://farmindustrynews.com/precisio...ance-equipment

Found this, so above is correct. Why can t we make it work here?

Godber

Claas not keen on this exchange idea anymore. Thought that might happen.

Whole new CEBIS around 4k but that may have been a guess.