Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Precision Farming - What a nightmare

  1. #31
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: Precision Farming - What a nightmare

    I do think JD are slowly shooting themselves in the foot with their lack of compatibility with other kit

    The idea they have of a farm running just one brand of kit is great theory but extremely rare in practice

    It will work with 3rd party machinery (we have used starfire with a lexion combine and Bateman sprayer) but it's a complex and less than straight forward process to do so quite often

    the winner in this PF game will be the company who offers the greatest levels of compatibility with rival equipment IMO

    at least cross brand RTK is starting to look like a possibility at last

  2. #32
    Tom H
    Guest

    Re: Precision Farming - What a nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I do think JD are slowly shooting themselves in the foot with their lack of compatibility with other kit

    The idea they have of a farm running just one brand of kit is great theory but extremely rare in practice

    It will work with 3rd party machinery (we have used starfire with a lexion combine and Bateman sprayer) but it's a complex and less than straight forward process to do so quite often

    the winner in this PF game will be the company who offers the greatest levels of compatibility with rival equipment IMO

    at least cross brand RTK is starting to look like a possibility at last
    Clive I can now run greenstar off my "Topcon" RTK network along with most other brands, just needs my brand of radio. A-B waylines could well be another matter!

  3. #33
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: Precision Farming - What a nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom H View Post
    Clive I can now run greenstar off my "Topcon" RTK network along with most other brands, just needs my brand of radio. A-B waylines could well be another matter!
    Got similar going live soon - will do starfire, trimble and topcon

    has been a while coming though - this is the kind of cross brand compatibility we need though

  4. #34
    Proper Job
    Guest

    Re: Precision Farming - What a nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom H View Post
    Clive I can now run greenstar off my "Topcon" RTK network along with most other brands, just needs my brand of radio. A-B waylines could well be another matter!
    Tom what are you using to steer the combine Greenstar or Topcon, or Claas own system?

  5. #35
    Tom H
    Guest

    Re: Precision Farming - What a nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Job View Post
    Tom what are you using to steer the combine Greenstar or Topcon, or Claas own system?
    For this coming season, it's Claas's own system with my RTK radio fitted, The old combine was the same but the Claas system had some bugs. They are telling me that it will be wonderful this year so we will have to see, If not we will plonk and x30 on it.

  6. #36
    Michael Greenberro
    Guest

    Re: Precision Farming - What a nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Greenberro View Post
    We decided that the Trimble FMX with ezy steer is the best solution for us at the moment. It looks to be the most future proof setup as well. Teejet never bothered to come back to us. Topcon was close but to expensive in the end and John Deere is just not flexible enough to use it with other makes of equipment such as their sprayer control.
    We did not buy this in the end so I am still thinking. The budget is 14,000 for moveable auto steer able to take rtk signal as well as non rtk signal and all I want now is section shut off and not height control unless of course it could be included. I do not mind 2nd hand stuff either.

  7. #37
    Clive
    Guest

    Re: Precision Farming - What a nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom H View Post
    For this coming season, it's Claas's own system with my RTK radio fitted, The old combine was the same but the Claas system had some bugs. They are telling me that it will be wonderful this year so we will have to see, If not we will plonk and x30 on it.
    how did class GPS pilot go on your signal Tom ?

  8. #38
    Tom H
    Guest

    Re: Precision Farming - What a nightmare

    The signal works a treat, as does the steering, big problem is the box not doing any way line storage yet. They say it's coming....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •