Thread: Net wrap diameter?

Adsy

Net wrap diameter?

What diameter is a 4200m roll of net wrap?
    I normally have got 3600m rolls, but the longer roll works out cheaper. The only thing being that my baler will only take net up to 320mm diameter.
    Is 4200m roll smaller than that?
    Cheers,
    Adsy.

bigbat5150

Re: Net wrap diameter?

what bailer is it ??

balerman

If you can fit a 3600m roll,you can fit a 4200m one,cos the net is thinner,but same strength apparantly.

btd-6

I reckon with net wrap the thing to consider, is how much a roll weighs, pro-rata to the length.

You could then tell if more or less plastic is supplied, (closer, wider, thicker, or thinner net texture), and may mean more or less wraps needed per bale, thus working out dearer or cheaper overall.

The same could be said for plastic silage bale wrap.

Unfortunately this kind of information doesn't seem to be available when buying these products!

fergie35

longer rolls are the same weight but they use stronger net to compensate. 4200 is the same diameter as 3600. we switched a while ago to 4200, saves faffing about changing so often, I wish they did longer!

ben01269

Quote Originally Posted by fergie35 View Post
    longer rolls are the same weight but they use stronger net to compensate. 4200 is the same diameter as 3600. we switched a while ago to 4200, saves faffing about changing so often, I wish they did longer!
    they do 4500m now