Thread: Samsung Tablet?

Samsung Tablet?

Mrs ff had an ipad for last birthday which I have regretted eversince. Now considering a tablet for someone in their 70's while still having a windows PC there as well, more for typing/doing emails, but I might see if she might manage mail on both using IMAP.

Need some guidance on the Samsung please!

ff

The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Re: Samsung Tablet?

Bought Mrs f p a Samsung Tab for xmas, I'm now regretting that. By mid january it would not accept charge from either the charger or the pc. Took it back to shop and they have had to send it back to Samsung for repair. Just rung up this week to say it is mended. Fetching it today, just hope the photos she took on it are still there (I know, should have backed it up and all that...........). Not over chuffed with it to say the least.

I've had a Galaxy Tab 10.1 for over a year and delighted with it. Great for email and browsing and keyboard is pretty large when in landscape.. Only found a couple of apps I have on my phone which aren't compatible with it. Even runs Team Viewer to access PCs remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc View Post
    I've had a Galaxy Tab 10.1 for over a year and delighted with it. Great for email and browsing and keyboard is pretty large when in landscape.. Only found a couple of apps I have on my phone which aren't compatible with it. Even runs Team Viewer to access PCs remotely.
    Gone for the Galaxy Note 10.1. thought the stylus might be handy for the "mature" surfer who will be using it. Initial thought is to set up mail as IMAP and still have old dell desktop but transfer Outlook express to Firefox and go IMAP so she can do lengthy emails on the desktop...............just have to work through un-subscribing her account from all the newsletters, updates and sales mail she's getting..........hundreds of them!!!
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......