dealer dave

allis chalmers roto baler

What is it worth all works , any vintage enthusiasts want to hazard a guess

dealer dave

Re: allis chalmers roto baler

Its a pto one also has the swivel hitch thanks

Tha Ulsterscot

Its hard to value something for another person,and unseen. It all comes down to what the seller is asking and what you think it is worth it to you.
    The other thing is how far you have to bring it home, they are a wide bugger to transport.
    If the belts are in good nick, and the rest is sound, it could be anywhere
    from 750 up. I have a fully restored working baler here, and if I was thinking of selling i would be looking for 1500 min. and hoping she's worth a lot more . As someone else said they are a rare animal, and unlikely to go down in value.

dealer dave

I just needed a ballpark figure as man wants to trade against a ford 4600 i have , many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ulsterscot View Post
    Its hard to value something for another person,and unseen. It all comes down to what the seller is asking and what you think it is worth it to you.
    The other thing is how far you have to bring it home, they are a wide bugger to transport.
    If the belts are in good nick, and the rest is sound, it could be anywhere
    from 750 up. I have a fully restored working baler here, and if I was thinking of selling i would be looking for 1500 min. and hoping she's worth a lot more . As someone else said they are a rare animal, and unlikely to go down in value.
    There's one lying outdoors on the roadside between here and where I think you are, never understood why it was left there when the same man also hasca working example. Surely there would still be some parts salvageable on it.

Tha Ulsterscot

Was examined years ago, but only a few parts still useable on it. Its safe though, same boy won't scrap her, and he has been very good helping me with mine. Are you near the Church?

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ulsterscot View Post
    Was examined years ago, but only a few parts still useable on it. Its safe though, same boy won't scrap her, and he has been very good helping me with mine. Are you near the Church?
    He'll certainly not scrap anything, we are near the roundabout, 1/4 mile from the church if that's the one your thinking about. Did we go through your place on a CDTEC road run a few years ago?

Tha Ulsterscot

Yep, know who you are now, and yea you have been through here a few times on the run.

dealer dave

thanks for replies , now sold to a member on here