Thread: #*#*@%& NFU

#*#*@%& NFU

Believe it or not.....North Eastern NFU are publicising joint DEFRA / NFU meetings where Defra can seek wisdom from working Farmers.....the hands on brigade....
    Imploring us to attend to make sure DEFRA hears our views.
    Now then, up here in the cold and distant North, quite a lot of us have Sheep and Suckler cows, generally speaking end of March and most of April is spent lambing and calving.....
    The date for the meetings???
    10th April!!
    Could be DEFRA set the dates.....but you would imagine NFU would be in touch with the peasants enough to be aware of what we are up to in April and at least make it clear that the dates were set by DEFRA not the NFU.

Re: #*#*@%& NFU

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Believe it or not.....North Eastern NFU are publicising joint DEFRA / NFU meetings where Defra can seek wisdom from working Farmers.....the hands on brigade....
    Imploring us to at tend to make sure DEFRA hears our views.
    Now then, up here in the cold and distant North, quite a lot of us have Sheep and Suckler cows, generally speaking end of March and most of April is spent lambing and calving.....
    The date for the meetings???
    10th April!!
    Could be DEFRA set the dates.....but you would imagine NFU would be in touch with the peasants enough to be aware of what we are up to in April and at least make it clear that the dates were set by DEFRA not the NFU.
    The problem is, I think, that DEFRA have set an early closure date. I have been thinking of how to contribute , but as far as I know, our NFU has done nothing.
    jack caley

Re: #*#*@%& NFU

Contact your area office direct!