Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 158

Thread: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.7p from 1st Aug.

  1. #1
    scoobyscotlad
    Guest

    Wiseman intend to cut by 1.7p from 1st Aug.


    This should not be allowed, the domino effect will happen again.
    What can be done??
    Getting squeezed is probably their excuse.
    Well, join the queue at the end not pass it on!!!

  2. #2
    hanspree
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    NOT A CHANCE. Farmers wont stand any more cuts.

    Commodities rising so no need for price cuts.

    Processors just arse lick supermarkets to get market shelf space.

    Arla looking for 2p I heard, they seem to be biggest problem.

    As always farmers will just take it.
    When are we going to stand up for ourselves.

  3. #3
    iron150
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Any reports on this? Ive only heard positive reports on milk price recently?!


    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyscotlad View Post

    This should not be allowed, the domino effect will happen again.
    What can be done??
    Getting squeezed is probably their excuse.
    Well, join the queue at the end not pass it on!!!

  4. #4
    banana bar
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    As a humble arable boy with NO experience of cows I can only admire the determination of you dairy men to keep going when the processors keep kicking you in the b***s.

    BB

  5. #5
    happycows
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    any more talk like this, soya at 360 a ton and wheat being mentioned at 200 a ton now . dear o dear.

  6. #6
    gone up the hill
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by lego View Post
    Come on standing wheat will be 700 per acre contractors are wanting more...won't be chopping that this year.. We are competing with the energy market for the feed... Bio digesters and ethonal plants.. We are in nvz I have just finished 3millon gallon lagoon :cry: we must stop this now before it happens unite agree hand in your notices to the big boys just because we all do not sell to same place does not mean we can not shake them so hard they need garrenteed supply
    As soon as your dairy co cuts the price again regardless of which supplier it is you should hand in your notice and advertise your cows for sale at the end of the notice period!! the likes of arla/ milklink etc arent worth peanuts if they have no raw product to sell on and dairy farmers need to realize this and get the upper hand!!

    Prob for you guys is when they announced the 2ppl drop the other week there was a few mutterings of discontent and that was it, you should have handed in your notices there and then...

    You all need to hand in your notices and be prepared to sell up the cows, then when the dairy cos start getting jumpy say right.. we will sign new contracts at a min of 30 ppl and in the new contract it must state that you ( the milk buyer ) has to give 12 months notice of either a price rise/decrease!! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT..

    If you guys arent bloody carefull you will be back to getting 18/20 ppl in 12 months time!!

    The days of pleading on their hands and knees for better contracts like the NFU etc have wasted so much time and energy doing the last 2 odd years are fhinshed..

  7. #7
    cowfarm
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by gone up the hill View Post
    As soon as your dairy co cuts the price again regardless of which supplier it is you should hand in your notice and advertise your cows for sale at the end of the notice period!! the likes of arla/ milklink etc arent worth peanuts if they have no raw product to sell on and dairy farmers need to realize this and get the upper hand!!

    Prob for you guys is when they announced the 2ppl drop the other week there was a few mutterings of discontent and that was it, you should have handed in your notices there and then...

    You all need to hand in your notices and be prepared to sell up the cows, then when the dairy cos start getting jumpy say right.. we will sign new contracts at a min of 30 ppl and in the new contract it must state that you ( the milk buyer ) has to give 12 months notice of either a price rise/decrease!! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT..

    If you guys arent bloody carefull you will be back to getting 18/20 ppl in 12 months time!!

    The days of pleading on their hands and knees for better contracts like the NFU etc have wasted so much time and energy doing the last 2 odd years are fhinshed..

    I put my notice in last month,my dairy said I was the only one out of 123 supplying farmers.

  8. #8
    iron150
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Well i'm afraid that my notice will not be handed in soon, i am confident that milk link are doing there best for there members and thretning behaviour will no doubt make the weaker not stronger, and to producers thinking of using this tactic i would be cerfull, they might just accept it with thanx! And your correct they are not worth peanuts without raw product, is that really a clever move for a farmer owned coop?


    Quote Originally Posted by gone up the hill View Post
    As soon as your dairy co cuts the price again regardless of which supplier it is you should hand in your notice and advertise your cows for sale at the end of the notice period!! the likes of arla/ milklink etc arent worth peanuts if they have no raw product to sell on and dairy farmers need to realize this and get the upper hand!!

    Prob for you guys is when they announced the 2ppl drop the other week there was a few mutterings of discontent and that was it, you should have handed in your notices there and then...

    You all need to hand in your notices and be prepared to sell up the cows, then when the dairy cos start getting jumpy say right.. we will sign new contracts at a min of 30 ppl and in the new contract it must state that you ( the milk buyer ) has to give 12 months notice of either a price rise/decrease!! TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT..

    If you guys arent bloody carefull you will be back to getting 18/20 ppl in 12 months time!!

    The days of pleading on their hands and knees for better contracts like the NFU etc have wasted so much time and energy doing the last 2 odd years are fhinshed..

  9. #9
    lazy farmer
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by iron150 View Post
    Well i'm afraid that my notice will not be handed in soon, i am confident that milk link are doing there best for there members and thretning behaviour will no doubt make the weaker not stronger, and to producers thinking of using this tactic i would be cerfull, they might just accept it with thanx! And your correct they are not worth peanuts without raw product, is that really a clever move for a farmer owned coop?
    +1
    where is the report into this story?

  10. #10
    endofroad
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Potter seems to be getting everyone prepared today.

  11. #11
    iron150
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    QUOTE=endofroad;946999]Potter seems to be getting everyone prepared today.[/QUOTE]

    Is he really? Quote potter 'Milk auction prices bounce up
    Several mainland milk purchasers were quick to challenge Ian when he recently stated that by August some price increases would be forthcoming.'
    '2ppl milk price cut is halved to only 1ppl'

    Sounds positive to me?

    If people are not confident that there milk buyer is not trying to get you the best price it may be time to move, but where?

  12. #12
    endofroad
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Sorry don't follow you there, Ian suggests there ought to be price increases in august but the milk purchasers challenge his assumption, in other words you're having a laugh Potter!

  13. #13
    BigW
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    I heard a month ago that they were wanting to take off 2p, think they will all be getting squeezed by the supermarkets. I spoke to one of the NFU milk committee memebres at the highland who seemed to know about it too. He also said that until there is some sort of regulation in the milk market then farmers are pretty much wasting their time hoping that they will be paid a fair price. Their are plenty people on here who openly state they can produce milk profitable at these sorts of levels, which does little to help the cause either.

  14. #14
    scott666
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyscotlad View Post
    Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.
    Source?

  15. #15
    hanspree
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Could it be gossip from wiseman of drop 1.5 then only drop 1p and make people think they've done a good job.

    It's all talk, no reson for cuts.

    People would like to hand their notice in but where else is there to go.

    Need to put pressure on processors, they are the ones selling our milk.

    Have the likes of muller and arla amba bought into the British dairy market recently to make a quick buck out of farmers who sit back too easily. When in Europe there would be all hell let loose if prices were been talked down like this.

  16. #16
    endofroad
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigW View Post
    . Their are plenty people on here who openly state they can produce milk profitable at these sorts of levels, which does little to help the cause either.
    Good point BigW, every farm and every farmer's situation is different there is no one size fits all, and while i applaud those who (continuously) tell us they can produce a litre of milk for x pence others cannot due to reasons stated above, we are all in this and we should be pulling together not being divisive between ourselves, there are plenty others making a good job of that.

  17. #17
    welshdairyfarmer
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    http://www.farmersguardian.com/home/.../47901.article

    Is anyone convinced that the NFU will make any difference?

  18. #18
    Yosemite Sam
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    I don't think the NFU or Jim Paice will get anything done quickly enough , thats the way of bureacrats , they all day to do nothing. I would think that it needs direct action of some sort if they try to lower the price anymore.
    This would be the best time of year for direct action in the way of cost as most of your cows are out . We all laugh at the French when they drive into town complaining about one thing or another , but I bet they get the results.
    It needs you the Farmers to stand together and all pour your milk down the drain for a week.
    Now thats easy for me to say not being a Dairy farmer , but as I said your costs should be at there lowest around this time of year providing the cows are out and I understand this would have financial implications. But those implications are better now in the summer than in the winter and if they are successful in dropping the price there will be financial problems anyway.

    I understand what you are saying Iron150 and any Milklink customers will feel the same when Milklink has done so well and seem to be on the side of the customers. Its the Supermarkets that are calling the shots and its not just Dairy farmers that are suffering. I think this will only get worse if you guys don't take a stand as the public are struggling financially and want cheap food and even now the likes of Tesco has seen a fall in sales . Now whether that is to their competitors or just that people are buying less I don't know , but I do know that they won't like it and will do just about anything to something about it.

  19. #19
    welshdairyfarmer
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
    I don't think the NFU or Jim Paice will get anything done quickly enough , thats the way of bureacrats , they all day to do nothing. I would think that it needs direct action of some sort if they try to lower the price anymore.
    This would be the best time of year for direct action in the way of cost as most of your cows are out . We all laugh at the French when they drive into town complaining about one thing or another , but I bet they get the results.
    It needs you the Farmers to stand together and all pour your milk down the drain for a week.
    Now thats easy for me to say not being a Dairy farmer , but as I said your costs should be at there lowest around this time of year providing the cows are out and I understand this would have financial implications. But those implications are better now in the summer than in the winter and if they are successful in dropping the price there will be financial problems anyway.

    I understand what you are saying Iron150 and any Milklink customers will feel the same when Milklink has done so well and seem to be on the side of the customers. Its the Supermarkets that are calling the shots and its not just Dairy farmers that are suffering. I think this will only get worse if you guys don't take a stand as the public are struggling financially and want cheap food and even now the likes of Tesco has seen a fall in sales . Now whether that is to their competitors or just that people are buying less I don't know , but I do know that they won't like it and will do just about anything to something about it.
    We have been through this on the forum before, probably no more than 50% of dairy farmers would agree to dumping milk as the other 50% are "all right Jack".

  20. #20
    iron150
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Afraid i would be an 'alright jack' heavily debated but cant see that we are anywhere near the stage to pour milk down the drain?

  21. #21
    welshdairyfarmer
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by iron150 View Post
    Afraid i would be an 'alright jack' heavily debated but cant see that we are anywhere near the stage to pour milk down the drain?
    Of course I never would have guessed! And at what price do you think you would be prepared to pour your milk down the drain? Go on, give us a figure.

  22. #22
    Yosemite Sam
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by iron150 View Post
    Afraid i would be an 'alright jack' heavily debated but cant see that we are anywhere near the stage to pour milk down the drain?
    'Alright jack' or you could be' Happy as Larry '

  23. #23
    farmer on a bike
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Why would anybody who is a member of a co-op through there milk away? You would just be shooting yourself in the foot.

  24. #24
    JTFF
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by farmer on a bike View Post
    Why would anybody who is a member of a co-op through there milk away? You would just be shooting yourself in the foot.
    +1

  25. #25
    welshdairyfarmer
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by farmer on a bike View Post
    Why would anybody who is a member of a co-op through there milk away? You would just be shooting yourself in the foot.
    You are a Milk Link council member. How would you feel if you were:

    (a) a farmer with a herd of 50 currently selling to First Milk?

    (b) a farmer whose 18 months or so with First Milk not that long ago, saw an average of 21ppl for that period (that's us);

    (c) a farmer who begged on the phone to be released from a DFB contract that was paying us 15ppl (yes that's me).

    It should be about solidarity. But it isn't. So things will never change while we have the All Right Jacks. Maybe the likes of Tesco are reading this so they will see how utterly useless British Dairy Farmers are at sticking together.

  26. #26
    iron150
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Well, i'm in a coop so probably would not, if it was not economic for me to produce milk then i would have to look at either getting out or changing the system, at what milk price would you be happy?


    Quote Originally Posted by welshdairyfarmer View Post
    Of course I never would have guessed! And at what price do you think you would be prepared to pour your milk down the drain? Go on, give us a figure.

  27. #27
    tdcrugby
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by welshdairyfarmer View Post

    It should be about solidarity. But it isn't. So things will never change while we have the All Right Jacks. Maybe the likes of Tesco are reading this so they will see how utterly useless British Dairy Farmers are at sticking together.
    Could not agree more. We should all stick together. Even if the milk price is looking a bit more rosy for some farmers than others, we are a collective industry and should work together to raise prices for the whole industry; rather than just saying "my price is fine, I don't want to help my fellow dairy farmers". Hate to say it, but wish we were more like the French!

  28. #28
    welshdairyfarmer
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    Quote Originally Posted by iron150 View Post
    Well, i'm in a coop so probably would not, if it was not economic for me to produce milk then i would have to look at either getting out or changing the system, at what milk price would you be happy?
    The point you are missing is the threat of further 1.5ppl cuts in August...if Wiseman start it, the rest will follow. That will take many UK dairy farmers to 25ppl or lower.

    Then I would not be happy. At what point does everyone say enough is enough?? 20ppl???

  29. #29
    chipsngravy
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    As said, I to think if this was the french farmers they would be starting to pull the plug sending it down the drain.

    The the british don't stick together, as also pointed out the "alright Jack" 250 cow herd more than likely wants the 100 cow herd next door to go under so he can rent the land and up his own numbers.

    But how long could the "alright Jacks" keep the supermarket shelves full for if the rest pull the plug ??

  30. #30
    Tazzie
    Guest

    Re: Wiseman intend to cut by 1.5p from 1st Aug.

    I sometimes wonder if supermarket bosses have a forum where they preach an 'alright jack' attitude or is it just limited to dairy farmers?
    Tazzie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •