Thread: EZ Guide250 for onepassing

john6900

EZ Guide250 for onepassing

Would an ez guide 250 with ag-15 antenna be accurate enough for one pass drilling? Should I stick with the markers?

jim75

Re: EZ Guide250 for onepassing

Stick with the markers

Panzer III

Are you using EZ Steer / EZ Pilot? - if not, then no.

If you are, then try sowing the tramlines or every 7th pass (grass) with it and put both markers down, then turn the GPS off and sow with the markers the old fashioned way but working in lands - no reversing, and much more efficient

Doing it this way the tramlines are +/- 6", and straight! - better than any drill man, though many would claim better (here we go again)

treblesykes

then it rains and you get left with a wet field with just the tramlines drilled

Field Track

Yes it can be done with auto steer only. Not lightbar. You still need markers to deal with signal loss and any drift, or you get rained off. Auto steer makes life easier, different that's all. Saving a bit of metal off marker discs is not something I'd say was worth it.

Panzer III

Quote Originally Posted by treblesykes View Post
    then it rains and you get left with a wet field with just the tramlines drilled
    Maybe if your one of those blokes that struggles with pessimism at the best of times, but if you get your ducks in a row and set to, and only stop for as long as it takes you to pee, then jobs a good un.

If you only sow the tramlines for as far as you can sow in a day then you'll need to nudge your A-B line when you start the next day, because it will wander over time.

john6900

Ok thanks, will stick with markers..

treblesykes

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer III View Post
    Maybe if your one of those blokes that struggles with pessimism at the best of times, but if you get your ducks in a row and set to, and only stop for as long as it takes you to pee, then jobs a good un.

If you only sow the tramlines for as far as you can sow in a day then you'll need to nudge your A-B line when you start the next day, because it will wander over time.

I get you, obviously its not going to rain everytime you get the drill out, but its worth bearing in mind especially on land like some of mine. If returning to a rained off field its always the first pass next to the previously drilled line that is the stickiest