Thread: WASS - EGNOS

306neil

WASS - EGNOS

As the title says,

We have 2 x Raven Pheonix 300 which arent picking up anything apparently ???
    They have been on WAAS i think, but is this a subscription service as both boxes have gone "off line" suspiciously close together ?

I have been told to "re tune" themn to PRN 120 which is EGNOS is this possible or is WAAS & EGNOS like VHS versus Betamax ? Or do i have to get somebody with a laptop to "beam me in" some air time ?

Thanks in confused anticipation

Neil

Andrew Kerr

Re: WASS - EGNOS

Was told it should be back on by now [4.45 Tues]

Michael S

I thought you had to be in North America to use WAAS. In Europe you should be on EGNOS although they seem to be having quite a few outages at the moment.

If you're lucky someone will soon be along who knows what they're talking about!

Michael

Boysground

Dont know if it is the same problem but I have a Trimble 250. It did not connect at all this morning. Phoned the supplier for advice after we tried all he could think of over the phone he made some calls. Aparently there is trouble with a correction satelite, it should be back working this afternoon. Dont know how correct this is and have not had time to check if it is back working. There may be something in it as a local spray contractor has 3 macnies not working.

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Kerr View Post
    Was told it should be back on by now [4.45 Tues]
    was told the same yesterday

306neil

Re: WAAS - EGNOS

Thanksfor everybody thoughts, what i didnt say is that we have been having problems for ages (months) with the Pheonix trying to pick up a signal but the Envizio that it conected to keeps circling round and around as if it scanning endlessly for sat signal ? Which made me think that we have run out of subscription ?? although we havent had to pay a thing since we got these systems in 2011. Could they have been "loaded up with air time, then expired 2 months ago ?
    Challenger Agco supplied them with our new Terragator (inc) years warantee) but now dont want to give us any back up ? on the gps side.
    Dealer is very helpful but when they contact Challenger Agco, thier response is to say "talk to the Raven people" Just the generous advice you need when you have spent over 200K with them. Sort of focuses your mind when we come to repace some of our other machines...... Challenger Agco may not be able to help with this GPS issue but i would expect a bit more help in sorting the problem out rather than " Im alright Jack" Syndrome

Field Track

Egnos 126 went offline:
    23/06/2012 15:00 UTC
    Came back:
    26/06/2012 17:42 UTC.

Egnos 120 went offline:

23/06/2012 14:56 UTC.
    Came back:
    26/06/2012 17:17 UTC

124 was available at a guess but not sure.

http://egnos-user-support.essp-sas.e..._ops/index.php

Create an account and get emails when the sats go down and come back, etc.

BTW yes WAAS is the US correction and we can't get them. We use the Egnos Sats of which there's three. You only need to link to one (ideally a working one).

Agritech_Gizmo

We kept our customers informed through automatic texts and twitter updates and work arounds and as a freebie to all you BFF'ers there are plans for the 1st to the 4th for a similar down time but hey you pick your dealer

and if a local spray contractor was stood with 3 machines for 2 days then he / she should really be thinking about the kit they have installed...

https://twitter.com/#!/PrecisionDec

306neil

Thanks for the info i guess i will be spending some money soon:lolk:

Agritech_Gizmo

306neil : It may be that your machines are on Omnistar and require a subscription in order to keep the accuracy, you said you were having problems for the last 2 months which points to this. If you have a look around your raven console ( forgive my ignorance on the raven stuff ) then you might come across something called a OID or Omnistar ID, give this to your local agco dealer who will know what to do with it.

J