Thread: Blackbox Go tramlining problem

Pedders

Blackbox Go tramlining problem

using our new PatchworkBblackbox Go in a couple of fields that haven't got tramlines we are having a nightmare getting it to line up accurately on the next tramline when you're on the headland it just seems to jump around all over the place meaning its almost impossible to start straight ...anyone else having or had similar problems ?...have tried their tech chap and he hasn't been able to help much

Agritech_Gizmo

Re: Blackbox Go tramlining problem

Pedders ( see http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=70253 ) EGNOS has been offline for a couple of days and it may be possible that the Blackbox pretends that all is fine even though its accuracy is anywhere up 5m.

J

Pedders

is Egnos working now ? ...this problem has been ongoing for some time ...once in the running work you can see the tramline on screen and then its simply a matter of steering to it ...its just on the headlands it's impossible to get lined up accurately ...are other systems better ? if so then this box is going back !

treblesykes

I have black box 510 and i know what you mean the tramline moves as you turn into it, frustrating but you do learn how to second guess it after a while.
    Its worse in the field I have right next to the electrified NE mainline railway, as is my mobile phone signal.

Pedders

thanks so its not just me then !
    its so frustrating ..I'm sure we will work it out but in the meantime you can't really leave wobbly tramlines and misses at the beginning of each run !

just wondering if the trimble is any better

Field Track

No better. Look ahead settings can help but the best solution is the aerial on the bonnet. The main problem is with the aerial on the roof is by the time it says turn your front wheels have passed the line and it is too late. Aerial as far forward as poss works better for lightbars and finding the next run.

Pedders

aahh ...yes that makes sense .....thanks for your help will try moving it to bonnet

Milkloss

Just caught up with this one. Is this an issue with many systems as it would drive me mental not lining up with the next tramline.

It is something that hasn't been mentioned much and would be interested to hear opinions.

Many thanks

Pedders

I think it is yes ....and where there are already tramlines in from the drill it doesn't always match those either !
    having said that did a quick test in a grass field yesterday with the antenna mounted on the front of the bonnet as far forward as I could get it and it was certainly an improvement ...might try and put it on the front weight rack next to see if that helps further ....still quite tricky to drive to the line though even when it is lined up or is that just me !

Willscale

Quote Originally Posted by Pedders View Post
    I think it is yes ....and where there are already tramlines in from the drill it doesn't always match those either !
    having said that did a quick test in a grass field yesterday with the antenna mounted on the front of the bonnet as far forward as I could get it and it was certainly an improvement ...might try and put it on the front weight rack next to see if that helps further ....still quite tricky to drive to the line though even when it is lined up or is that just me !
    No its a complete sod to try and drive completely perfectly. You may even have to set it at .5m narrower than your sprayer and remember not to overcompensate even if it says you are up to .3m off from your line - the next second you could be .2 the other way on hilly terrain! (not that you have any)

Pedders

Quote Originally Posted by Willscale View Post
    the next second you could be .2 the other way on hilly terrain! (not that you have any)
    no hills ? got plenty !
    do think you're right about width ..will set sprayer width setting to 23.5 m

jon.patchwork

Hi Pedders, are you still seeing an issue with driving to the line? Couple of questions, have you got a rear offset programmed? Any Display Smoothing set?

Pedders

Quote Originally Posted by jon.patchwork View Post
    Hi Pedders, are you still seeing an issue with driving to the line? Couple of questions, have you got a rear offset programmed? Any Display Smoothing set?
    driving to the line not too bad ...its still problematic picking up the next tramline
    rear offset is 4m for the sprayer display smoothing is on coarse I think

jon.patchwork

PM'd you.

Buggerthat

Any tips please keep in the public domain as i've just bought a Go and any guidance would be good. The only thing that is ticking me off is that it would appear difficult to upgrade it to auto steer without paying an absolutely silly price.

go diego go

Quote Originally Posted by Buggerthat View Post
    Any tips please keep in the public domain as i've just bought a Go and any guidance would be good. The only thing that is ticking me off is that it would appear difficult to upgrade it to auto steer without paying an absolutely silly price.
    +1 all user info is good