Thread: 23.1 x 26 Tyres

jonny1

23.1 x 26 Tyres

While having a look around the combine this morning I noticed the tyres are starting to show their age a few cracks here and there, so contacted a combine breaker and he said he had a pair of wheels and tyres with 70% grip for 1300euro.
    I thought this a little steep for secondhand tyres and surely new tyres wouldn't be much more than this they are only cross ply after all.
    I would have contacted my tyre supplier but he's away on holiday until next week.

HAM135

Re: 23.1 x 26 Tyres

I got a new pair of cross ply firestones 23.1x26 18 months ago from local tyre dealer for 450each so i wouldn't think his s/h would be worth any more than 5-600 the pair

jonny1

[QUOTEI got a new pair of cross ply firestones 23.1x26 18 months ago from local tyre dealer for 450each so i wouldn't think his s/h would be worth any more than 5-600 the pair][/QUOTE]

Thanks Ham

balerman

www.agrisparestrading.co.uk did have 14 ply Firestones for 550 each

Colhonk

Yes, I put new Firestones on my combine last year at 500 each fitted. I also looked at agrispares but then priced them localy and cheaper. ps not a lover of Firestones but they do the job.