Thread: Hire of Trimble GPS Equipment

NH POWER

Hire of Trimble GPS Equipment

I am trying to stack all the sums up with GPS equipment to make it worth while. If i was to hire a Trimble 750 and a EZ-Pilot for the summer, what do you think it is worth a week. Your thoughts would be a great help.

Andrew Kerr

Re: Hire of Trimble GPS Equipment

They will want 200 plus a week i would think.

Gee

How many acres?
    % saving soon stacks up.
    Gee

NH POWER

850 acres, ideally i would like to use on combine and then main till/drill tractor.

Guy

Hi

I hire out JD universal SF2 atrac kits. A genneric kit with the steering wheel bosses you need will be approx 220 per week.

Regards

Guy

meandmycows

Quote Originally Posted by NH POWER View Post
    I am trying to stack all the sums up with GPS equipment to make it worth while. If i was to hire a Trimble 750 and a EZ-Pilot for the summer, what do you think it is worth a week. Your thoughts would be a great help.
    my brother works for trimble and says you`d be better off bying the kit because it`ll need installation and once you`ve got it and used it you`ll be wanting to hold on to it !

as regards to hire it would be around the 250 a week depending on kit

NH POWER

This is what i am trying to work out, cost of ownership against hire. Are the figures quoted in this post including the signal? I would look to use Omnistar if i did it, or do i then have to pay for subscription? Many thanks for the replies so far.

Agritech_Gizmo

Quote Originally Posted by NH POWER View Post
    This is what i am trying to work out, cost of ownership against hire. Are the figures quoted in this post including the signal? I would look to use Omnistar if i did it, or do i then have to pay for subscription? Many thanks for the replies so far.
    Check your PM and I have sent you a link which will let you do your own feasibility based on your costs / size / machinery etc.

James