Thread: Anyone using CLAAS Agromap start?

farmerfred

Anyone using CLAAS Agromap start?

Anyone using this software for lexion combines?

Cant help but think that all it does is produce a pretty picture... I know its a basic version.

We generally know poor yield areas anyway, the maps only confirm our ideas!

FF

Clive

Re: Anyone using CLAAS Agromap start?

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfred View Post
    Anyone using this software for lexion combines?

Cant help but think that all it does is produce a pretty picture... I know its a basic version.

We generally know poor yield areas anyway, the maps only confirm our ideas!

FF
    use it to write and read cards - but then take the data into some useful software (gatekeeper mapping) filter out all the crap and overlaps etc, correct yield against weighbridge and use it for much more than making pretty pictures !

I am lead to believe that new cebis can work without agromap so I might be able to skip using it and take stuff direct to gatekeeper - can anyone confirm that can be done now pls ?

banana bar

Used it about 5 yrs ago and then couldn't quite see the point. However seeing as we have paid for the system I have decided to install it again. I am told that I can now import the maps from both combines and view one map rather than bits of two maps. (Does that make sense?????)

BB

farmerfred

Quote Originally Posted by banana bar View Post
    ...and then couldn't quite see the point.
    Think I'm at that point... Might see if gatekeeper mapping can make more use of it.

I know we can view several fields onto one map/screen... Suppose you can download maps from both combines into the same program to see the maps together.

I asked about using the data to create VRA files for drilling or nitrogen applications... They said quite rightly that the data would never be accurate enough because the combine will always overlap and give error spikes... Just cant see the point!

FF

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfred View Post
    Think I'm at that point... Might see if gatekeeper mapping can make more use of it.

I know we can view several fields onto one map/screen... Suppose you can download maps from both combines into the same program to see the maps together.

I asked about using the data to create VRA files for drilling or nitrogen applications... They said quite rightly that the data would never be accurate enough because the combine will always overlap and give error spikes... Just cant see the point!

FF
    You filter the overlap and spikes in gatekeeper mapping - then maps is pretty accurate I guess, I also reconcile ours against the weighbridge at that point

From there you can create vra maps based on crop off take which is the best way to maintain indices I have come across yet

Also useful to get average yield maps over a number of years to see patterns that can be investigated and compared to sample maps etc to maybe highlight what cold be holding back yield in some areas

Agromap start as you say is just pretty pictures

farmerfred

any idea what it will cost me to add gatekeeper mapping to my base gatekeeper software?

FF

drifter

If your LEXION is a new series with colour CEBIS then you can use GK to read and write data to the cards. If it is an older version then the only option is to use Agromap, GK can then read the .aft files from the Agromap database. To be able to write and read data to the combine cards you would need GK mapping and the modules pf actual and pf target, both modules around 350 each not sure about the mapping. To be able to import the yield data from Agromap you would need mapping and pf actual. Agromap 500.

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    If your LEXION is a new series with colour CEBIS then you can use GK to read and write data to the cards. If it is an older version then the only option is to use Agromap, GK can then read the .aft files from the Agromap database. To be able to write and read data to the combine cards you would need GK mapping and the modules pf actual and pf target, both modules around 350 each not sure about the mapping. To be able to import the yield data from Agromap you would need mapping and pf actual. Agromap 500.
    Ours is a new lexion (2012 build) with new Cebis but i/m not sure if it is colour ?? in fact are any Lexions using colour Cebis ?

will GK read / write direct still work or do I have to persist with Agrocom