Thread: double seat on a major?

tom horner

double seat on a major?

Has anyone done it or seen it done? Got a half local show next weekend and could do with carrying some one else on the major with me as i will have the caravan on the back..

Regards Tom

JRW

Re: double seat on a major?

I made a double seat for my farmall once, so dont see why you couldnt do it with a major. Made a square frame out of 2inch angle for the base which would fit inbetween the wings. use some solid 1 inch round bar to make stays that bolted to where the original seat fitted and two at the back to a bracket bolted under the top link mount. Then got some 5inch thick foam from local upholsters and stuck it to a pice of plywood that fitted the frame. covered it with leatherette vinal stuff and stapled down. similar sort of thing for the back rest. Could get two people on but it was cosy!!! Had to climb up the wheels to get on though, however that wouldnt be a problem on a major as you get on from the front.
    In process or restoring tractor so have ditched the seat now!

Swedehurler

I remember a nearby farmer took the seat off his Major and bolted on a plank of wood so his girlfriend could ride round with him.

agrotron 150.7

Put passenger int caravan! or a link box? If it wil clear cvan drawbar, double seat off the old david brown cropmaster things

mf_35x

Well a plank of wood for the girlfriend he sure knows how to spoil a lass in the good old days she would have perched on the wing or stood on the check chains and held on to the wings :lolk:

tom horner

managed to get them to take another tractor with them so saved me the hassle i still got very wet driving it on friday though!