Thread: Kubota ME8200 4WD

Kubota ME8200 4WD

Hi all, Can anyone help? 4WD and bi speed have stopped working. The light still comes on on the dash. My dealership say it is probably a fuse and to bring it in but that is a 2 hour round trip. Anyone know if there is a fuse, where it is (if there is one) or what else it could be? Can't find anything in the manual.
    Thanks. Dave.

Re: Kubota ME8200 4WD

If no one can come up with the info, try further afield on this site in the USA- http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

http://www.kubota.cz/data/manualy/m-8200-n-wsm-en.pdf

There is a wiring diagram near the end of the manual and unless I've read it wrong,I think there is a fuse linked to the 4wd system but the troubleshooting section doesn't mention it. If you have two 10 amp fuses beside each other in the fuse box,I think it may be the first one.(If that makes sense!).There is also a relay in the circuit and some diodes.
    Around page 184,there is a troubleshooting section for the 4wd/bi speed turn and before that, the solenoid valve that works the feature is covered. Think it's below or just forward of the seat.Looks like the system works opposite to the norm in any other tractor in that it needs power to select 4wd. You could test if there is power or not at the solenoid wires with a multi-meter with the switch both ways,although I think(I only briefly flicked through the manual,as there is a lot of stuff in there) I did read switch on once for 4wd,twice for bi-speed turn and presumably three times for off(2wd).

Thanks, very helpful I will have a go at fixing it today.

Quote Originally Posted by agrimax View Post
    http://www.kubota.cz/data/manualy/m-8200-n-wsm-en.pdf

There is a wiring diagram near the end of the manual and unless I've read it wrong,I think there is a fuse linked to the 4wd system but the troubleshooting section doesn't mention it. If you have two 10 amp fuses beside each other in the fuse box,I think it may be the first one.(If that makes sense!).There is also a relay in the circuit and some diodes.
    Around page 184,there is a troubleshooting section for the 4wd/bi speed turn and before that, the solenoid valve that works the feature is covered. Think it's below or just forward of the seat.Looks like the system works opposite to the norm in any other tractor in that it needs power to select 4wd. You could test if there is power or not at the solenoid wires with a multi-meter with the switch both ways,although I think(I only briefly flicked through the manual,as there is a lot of stuff in there) I did read switch on once for 4wd,twice for bi-speed turn and presumably three times for off(2wd).

Good find!

Can't remember where I found a copy for the RTV900 we have, but like the one above they can often be tucked away on obscure websites if you can either read the lingo or hit lucky with a google search string!
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Some dealers are very helpful. Our local Kuhn dealer emails me links to Kuhn's technical library.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.