Thread: List of Recoomended products for weed type?

The muddy edge of the biggest puddle in the uk

List of Recoomended products for weed type?

Does anyone know of an online place you can search by weed for herbicide type products that are recommended preferably by all manufacturers but even manufacturer specific would be a start. there is a vast amount of useless bumph online about sprays but I can't find anything to select a weed and give the product options. Nearly every search throws up "lawn products". Surely there's a place you can type in your weed and the product options are offered. An opportunity for a phone app for someone? A really good phone app and you could take the weed's picture and it would give it's name!

Re: List of Recoomended products for weed type?

An opportunity for one of the students who are seeking research input through their surveys?

Re: List of Recoomended products for weed type?

Quote Originally Posted by T P View Post
    Does anyone know of an online place you can search by weed for herbicide type products that are recommended preferably by all manufacturers but even manufacturer specific would be a start. there is a vast amount of useless bumph online about sprays but I can't find anything to select a weed and give the product options. Nearly every search throws up "lawn products". Surely there's a place you can type in your weed and the product options are offered. An opportunity for a phone app for someone? A really good phone app and you could take the weed's picture and it would give it's name!
    http://www.nufarm.com/UK/Commongrasslandweeds

I had this bookmark saved - not sure if the products are still current, however main site is still working and has a fair bit of info. Years ago ICI used to produce a good booklet available at shows, or can you remember Dept of Agriculture farm advisory leaflets ? This was from a time when they actually supported farmers and not marking red areas on maps !
    The Clarendon column in the farming press sometimes gives a bit of info but in general I find the two Northern farming papers prefer to feature pictures of young farmers socials rather than trying to educate. Farmers Journal sometimes has a good feature on sprays.

Found another site

http://uk.dowagro.com/wp-content/uploads/TP23127-Paddocks-Pasture-leaflet-DL-UK-LO.pdf
    Last edited by Etcetera; 10-06-18 at 11:34 PM. Reason: more info