Thread: Tractor Transport

Tractor Transport

Hi All,

I'm looking to get a Massey 240 uplifted in North Wales and dropped off in Glasgow.
    Any suggestions for getting it moved at reasonable cost? I've had a couple of quotes, but the cost is prohibitive so far.

Thanks.

Re: Tractor Transport

Quote Originally Posted by VP185 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm looking to get a Massey 240 uplifted in North Wales and dropped off in Glasgow.
    Any suggestions for getting it moved at reasonable cost? I've had a couple of quotes, but the cost is prohibitive so far.

Thanks.
    Take a couple of cans of diesel and an overcoat,
    Jack Caley

There are websites advertising for back loads. You might be lucky with one of them. I always phone around a few local transport firms to see if they are going near the area in question.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Shire Agri.......I think......Stranraer area?

Robert Wilson up and down the country regularly moving ag machinery about . He's based just outside Glasgow , bridge if weir way
    https://www.facebook.com/robertwilsontransport

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    Take a couple of cans of diesel and an overcoat,
    Jack Caley
    I was of corse joking, but many years ago my neighbour went to Dagenham and drove an old paraffin Fordson major home to save the delivery. He had to buy a new set of tyres,
    jack caley

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    I was of corse joking, but many years ago my neighbour went to Dagenham and drove an old paraffin Fordson major home to save the delivery. He had to buy a new set of tyres,
    jack caley
    On this side of the pond, my father used to tell a story from before WWII about walking a draft horse about 30 miles - leading it until his feet got sore then riding until something else got sore - then trying to decide which was the least sore.

Quote Originally Posted by VP185 View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks.
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I have arrangements in place now, but your info will no doubt come in handy for future transactions. One of my mates suggested driving it up and camping along the way. I might have considered that, had the brakes not been shot. Who knows we may have invented a new form of travel holiday here. Sort of narrow boating for the roads.