Thread: kubota engine

kubota engine

any kubota experts on here have been offered a kubota v2203 engine for my kubota kx 71-1 digger that has v1505 engine will the v2203 engine fit my digger, anyone know whats different between these two engines, reason i want to swap engines is engine in digger getting tired, back pressure and smokey on startup

Re: kubota engine

1505 is a 1.5 litre engine, 2203 is a 2.2 litre. The last two numbers are the series numbers of the engine range.

Fair bit bigger engine and given that space will be at a premium in the digger I'd imagine that an easy swap would be unlikely.

Kubota engines will do ridiculous hours with regular oil and filter changes, the one thing they're pretty intolerant of is overheating. Any chance this could have happened to yours?

Should also say that I'm not a Kubota "expert", just have had a fair number of bits of both Kubota and Kubota-engined equipment about over the years and have got to know a bit about Kubota stuff by looking after them.

Seeing as Kubota is being mentioned, Vapormatic have started to flog bits for them, not much at the moment https://www.vapormatic.co.uk/tractor..._aug16_refresh

Think the email also announced more Sisu bits as well IIRC....
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

ok not sure if my digger was overheated i havent had it that long, have been offered the engine cheap,200, it is part of a refrigeration unit of an artic fridge trailer, may buy it anyway and sell it on, might make a few quid on it

That's a gift, take his arm off!

There'll be loads of stuff use that engine as well, not just Kubota, you'll never be stuck with it.