Thread: Newholland 8260 hydraulic pump/ damper plate issues

Newholland 8260 hydraulic pump/ damper plate issues

Hi,
    I have A 8260 in that the steering, transmission, hydraulics, pto has stopped working, transmission lights are flashing, i am thinking it must be the pump or the damper plate to blame, does anyone kn ow the best way to test the pump please.

Thanks

Robert Gibb

Re: Newholland 8260 hydraulic pump/ damper plate issues

Quote Originally Posted by Gibb View Post
    Hi,
    I have A 8260 in that the steering, transmission, hydraulics, pto has stopped working, transmission lights are flashing, i am thinking it must be the pump or the damper plate to blame, does anyone kn ow the best way to test the pump please.

Thanks

Robert Gibb
    1st thing comes to mind is that the steering is usually separate from the main pump unless there is a priority valve supplying oil, but the PTO ought to be supplied from a low pressure source possibly along with the transmission lube and clutch packs, ie another pump? I'd go/hope for the drive plate. 2nd though would be to make sure the filters are tight and not sucking air? and a possible 3rd may apply to 60 series- if its the same as 40 series which IIRC were prone to sucking air in through a half seated QRC seat/valve in the couplers- not 100% about that though.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Re: Newholland 8260 hydraulic pump/ damper plate issues

if its the damper plate you should of heard it rattling away well before it let go,