Results 1 to 30 of 84

Thread: Gee you have won!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness
    Posts
    788

    Gee you have won!

    With regard to Brexit Gee looks like you have won. Mrs May should have been Mrs Thatcher. Of course as a remainder she never put her heart in to the job. What with the BBC and MP,s we look as though we are going to finish up with the worst of all worlds.
    jack caley

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: Gee you have won!

    I think it's a shame but Mrs. May was the wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is no doubt in my mind that she is an honourable, trustworthy, decent person. But as Jack reminded us, she was a remainer. It is to her credit that she has tried to sing along to the tune that the majority of the country voted for. But if you look closely at her body language just watch her lips, they sort of screw up very slightly and she hesitates for a nano-second when she is asked a question that she is uncomfortable with. I don't think she lies, she just tries, probably too hard, to be all things to all people.

    I like the lady, she isn't the same as at least 50% of MPs, probably more. i.e. lying, toadying, narrow minded barstewards who are only an MP because they are incapable of doing any other job. There are exceptions of course, I think Mr. Rees-Mogg is also an upstanding human being and no doubt there are some in other parties.

    But to get us out of the EU , which is after all an unelected septic tank (why are the Kinnocks there ???) we need someone who probably would be no good as a PM in normal times. I know it didn't end well for Mrs. Thatcher but she had the ability be a much harder and more forceful woman than Mrs. May will ever be.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northumbrialand
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: Gee you have won!

    Mrs Thatcher......Mrs May?
    One small difference.....Mrs T. had a massive majority.....thus the power to wield the stick.
    It was agree or enter the political wilderness!
    Mrs Tís worst enemies were outside Downing Street not within.
    Mrs M. Does not have luxury of such a majority. It probably does not matter that she chose to have the snap election, the previous majority would have been little better in the circumstances.
    Mrs M. Will in time perhaps be regarded as the more skilfull operator, governing with effectively a minority government in the most difficult of circumstances.
    After all any bugger can make hay when the sun shines!
    David Cameron referred to Mrs M as being akin to a Submarine.......never knowing where she would surface and conducting an effective campaign out of sight and unnoticed.
    Given a loyal majority of perhaps a 100 or so negotiations with The EU would be an entirely different matter.
    No, Mrs T had it hard, but she had the power and the second chance to do it.
    I am beginning to think that the current tactics are to play for the long grass.......belt the ball as far as possible as many times as possible and eventually it will be lost, or at least an inordinate amount of time will be spent looking for it and well, the whole thing just fizzles out.
    No way anyone can say we are staying in the EU.........but just keeping the ball in the long grass will do nicely.....
    None of the Rabid Brexiteers can come up with negotiating stance that will deliver anything else than an extremely ďPunitive Hard BrexitĒ the result would lead to at he very least a difficult economic situation or at the worst entering a period of recession and heavy unemployment and they know it.
    Boris never dreamt in his wildest dreams that he would have to find his fabled £350 million a week......it is becoming increasingly evident that his Brexiteer stance was nothing more than a tawdry leadership challenge.....
    Lose the referendum by a few votes and then run a campaign against Cameron to force him to resign as a lame duck leader.
    Johnson, Gove and Mogg walk into No10.
    They know if Mrs M can pull something off and fuddle along with reducing unemployment and improving national finances, coupled with Comrade Corbynís self destructive policies they are dog food!
    I have no more wish to be governed by an extreme right wing government than I do an extreme left wing government.
    Harry Enfieldís ďTim Nice But DimĒ comes to mind!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: Gee you have won!

    I'm not sure that Mrs. May is the type of human being that would "wield a big stick" at anyone. She doesn't strike me as a dominant macho (wrong word) kind of person. I don't think she would have taken on the miners or the Argies with the same vigour as Mrs. T did. Mrs. T. was in her element in both incidents. Mrs. May would have been out of her comfort zone.

    One thing I would disagree with you on is the comment "After all any bugger can make hay when the sun shines!" Oh no they can't. There will have been plenty of hay spoilt this last week, I have seen some of it. Baled quite a bit like that for customers in 1975 & 1976. Overmade lifeless stuff that just wasn't baled when it was fit. Overcook it and it's not much better than belly fill.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northumbrialand
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: Gee you have won!

    Got some at the moment....
    Been cut seven days now and it just wonít die!
    For all the world it looks like hay, it smells like hay.....but it just isnít fit enough....
    25 degs plus every day and been hay bobbed a bit, but no can do.
    Thought of you yesterday ........applied some grease to the hay bob wheel stalks .......😎

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: Gee you have won!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Got some at the moment....
    Been cut seven days now and it just wonít die!
    For all the world it looks like hay, it smells like hay.....but it just isnít fit enough....
    25 degs plus every day and been hay bobbed a bit, but no can do.
    Thought of you yesterday ........applied some grease to the hay bob wheel stalks .......😎
    That's wierd. You trying to make seaweed into hay or something ? Well done with the haybob although the tube and stalk are in contact for a fair length and I always used oil rather than grease. I took the view that it would get down the stalk a bit better than grease. I think the secret is to alter the depth now and then, even if you don't need to. I had never had a problem before now but always bought new HBs. This was a cheapie eBay jobby but I reckon a lot of them are the same. I look at most of them on there now and it is clearly visible that a lot of them have had a smack with a sledge hammer to try and free them.

    Hope you get your hay soon.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness East Yorks
    Posts
    17

    Re: Gee you have won!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Mrs Thatcher......Mrs May?
    One small difference.....Mrs T. had a massive majority.....thus the power to wield the stick.
    It was agree or enter the political wilderness!
    Mrs Tís worst enemies were outside Downing Street not within.
    Mrs M. Does not have luxury of such a majority. It probably does not matter that she chose to have the snap election, the previous majority would have been little better in the circumstances.
    Mrs M. Will in time perhaps be regarded as the more skilfull operator, governing with effectively a minority government in the most difficult of circumstances.
    After all any bugger can make hay when the sun shines!
    David Cameron referred to Mrs M as being akin to a Submarine.......never knowing where she would surface and conducting an effective campaign out of sight and unnoticed.
    Given a loyal majority of perhaps a 100 or so negotiations with The EU would be an entirely different matter.
    No, Mrs T had it hard, but she had the power and the second chance to do it.
    I am beginning to think that the current tactics are to play for the long grass.......belt the ball as far as possible as many times as possible and eventually it will be lost, or at least an inordinate amount of time will be spent looking for it and well, the whole thing just fizzles out.
    No way anyone can say we are staying in the EU.........but just keeping the ball in the long grass will do nicely.....
    None of the Rabid Brexiteers can come up with negotiating stance that will deliver anything else than an extremely ďPunitive Hard BrexitĒ the result would lead to at he very least a difficult economic situation or at the worst entering a period of recession and heavy unemployment and they know it.
    Boris never dreamt in his wildest dreams that he would have to find his fabled £350 million a week......it is becoming increasingly evident that his Brexiteer stance was nothing more than a tawdry leadership challenge.....
    Lose the referendum by a few votes and then run a campaign against Cameron to force him to resign as a lame duck leader.
    Johnson, Gove and Mogg walk into No10.
    They know if Mrs M can pull something off and fuddle along with reducing unemployment and improving national finances, coupled with Comrade Corbynís self destructive policies they are dog food!
    I have no more wish to be governed by an extreme right wing government than I do an extreme left wing government.
    Harry Enfieldís ďTim Nice But DimĒ comes to mind!
    Gee, the fact that a sensible exit from the original common market whitout penalty from the now EU is not a negotiation, it is extortion! Sadly I believe the only way to deal with this is Out now and resolve later!

    We trade quite a lot in Europe, Iím appalled by where the EU is taking Europe, i just returned from Germany where even there the majority of people I asked about the EU had reservations about its direction.

    To finish, one of my early lessons in primary school was that the only way to overcome bullying is to fight back; not to appease....like him or loath him Trump fights for America.....we need someone of a similar Ilk!

    YA

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    453

    Re: Gee you have won!

    Mr Caley,

    There will not be a second referendum as it would most likely return a higher percentage in favour of leaving than the first. The wish of the majority in the UK to leave the European Union will be subverted by much more devious and sinister means, which is what I believe is happening at present.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northumbrialand
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: Gee you have won!

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Apprentice View Post
    Gee, the fact that a sensible exit from the original common market whitout penalty from the now EU is not a negotiation, it is extortion! Sadly I believe the only way to deal with this is Out now and resolve later!

    We trade quite a lot in Europe, Iím appalled by where the EU is taking Europe, i just returned from Germany where even there the majority of people I asked about the EU had reservations about its direction.

    To finish, one of my early lessons in primary school was that the only way to overcome bullying is to fight back; not to appease....like him or loath him Trump fights for America.....we need someone of a similar Ilk!

    YA
    Trump fights for America?
    Does he?
    Trumps says and does whatever he feels will get him re-elected, what is good for America and good for Donald Trump is not necessarily the same thing.
    One of his great complaints is that The streets of America are full of EU etc built cars, he seldom sees American built cars in Europe.
    Err isnít MB American owned?
    Why would we want pretty poor quality gas guzzlers from America when vastly superior vehicles are available here?
    One very experienced foreign Diplomat remarked that the skill of Foriegn relations for diplomats and politicians, but especially diplomats, was not what you said, but you did not say!
    Mr Trump has a little way to go before learns that particular lesson.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Holderness East Yorks
    Posts
    17

    Re: Gee you have won!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Trump fights for America?
    Does he?
    Trumps says and does whatever he feels will get him re-elected, what is good for America and good for Donald Trump is not necessarily the same thing.
    One of his great complaints is that The streets of America are full of EU etc built cars, he seldom sees American built cars in Europe.
    Err isnít MB American owned?
    Why would we want pretty poor quality gas guzzlers from America when vastly superior vehicles are available here?
    One very experienced foreign Diplomat remarked that the skill of Foriegn relations for diplomats and politicians, but especially diplomats, was not what you said, but you did not say!
    Mr Trump has a little way to go before learns that particular lesson.
    Gee, you focused on my remarks about trump and not the ludicrous situation of the failing EU (half staffed by unelected former politicians who have been run out of their own countries), itís dreadful currency and itís pissed leadership!.......just go and speak with people in Spain, Greece, Italy, even Germany is wobbling about EU impacts or more to the point Merkels immigration shambles! You canít govern from the arctic circle to Turkey with the same rules, large blocks always fail if there is no local representation because by definition you canít have local representation of any worth in a large block!

    This is not Brexit and itís being forced upon us by a remainer leading a remainer cabinet in a remainer parliament with a remainer upper house........IT STINKS!'!!

    YA
    Last edited by Young Apprentice; 16-07-18 at 12:09 AM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    882

    Re: Gee you have won!

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Apprentice View Post
    To finish, one of my early lessons in primary school was that the only way to overcome bullying is to fight back; not to appease....like him or loath him Trump fights for America.....we need someone of a similar Ilk!

    YA
    Bully's don't come any bigger than Trump. Which makes your statement rather hypocritical.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,445

    Re: Gee you have won!

    Well Trump is Trump, Clinton was Clinton, etc. and we (and the population of the US) have to put up with that. But I will remind you all of this, which the younger generation by which I mean anyone living here under the age of 50, either don't know about or choose to forget. If it wasn't for the yanks we would be living under the jackboot now. They are our greatest ally and have been for decades.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •