Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gee you have won!

Gee you have won!

With regard to Brexit Gee looks like you have won. Mrs May should have been Mrs Thatcher. Of course as a remainder she never put her heart in to the job. What with the BBC and MP,s we look as though we are going to finish up with the worst of all worlds.
    jack caley

Re: Gee you have won!

I think it's a shame but Mrs. May was the wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is no doubt in my mind that she is an honourable, trustworthy, decent person. But as Jack reminded us, she was a remainer. It is to her credit that she has tried to sing along to the tune that the majority of the country voted for. But if you look closely at her body language just watch her lips, they sort of screw up very slightly and she hesitates for a nano-second when she is asked a question that she is uncomfortable with. I don't think she lies, she just tries, probably too hard, to be all things to all people.

I like the lady, she isn't the same as at least 50% of MPs, probably more. i.e. lying, toadying, narrow minded barstewards who are only an MP because they are incapable of doing any other job. There are exceptions of course, I think Mr. Rees-Mogg is also an upstanding human being and no doubt there are some in other parties.

But to get us out of the EU , which is after all an unelected septic tank (why are the Kinnocks there ???) we need someone who probably would be no good as a PM in normal times. I know it didn't end well for Mrs. Thatcher but she had the ability be a much harder and more forceful woman than Mrs. May will ever be.

Mrs Thatcher......Mrs May?
    One small difference.....Mrs T. had a massive majority.....thus the power to wield the stick.
    It was agree or enter the political wilderness!
    Mrs T’s worst enemies were outside Downing Street not within.
    Mrs M. Does not have luxury of such a majority. It probably does not matter that she chose to have the snap election, the previous majority would have been little better in the circumstances.
    Mrs M. Will in time perhaps be regarded as the more skilfull operator, governing with effectively a minority government in the most difficult of circumstances.
    After all any bugger can make hay when the sun shines!
    David Cameron referred to Mrs M as being akin to a Submarine.......never knowing where she would surface and conducting an effective campaign out of sight and unnoticed.
    Given a loyal majority of perhaps a 100 or so negotiations with The EU would be an entirely different matter.
    No, Mrs T had it hard, but she had the power and the second chance to do it.
    I am beginning to think that the current tactics are to play for the long grass.......belt the ball as far as possible as many times as possible and eventually it will be lost, or at least an inordinate amount of time will be spent looking for it and well, the whole thing just fizzles out.
    No way anyone can say we are staying in the EU.........but just keeping the ball in the long grass will do nicely.....
    None of the Rabid Brexiteers can come up with negotiating stance that will deliver anything else than an extremely “Punitive Hard Brexit” the result would lead to at he very least a difficult economic situation or at the worst entering a period of recession and heavy unemployment and they know it.
    Boris never dreamt in his wildest dreams that he would have to find his fabled £350 million a week......it is becoming increasingly evident that his Brexiteer stance was nothing more than a tawdry leadership challenge.....
    Lose the referendum by a few votes and then run a campaign against Cameron to force him to resign as a lame duck leader.
    Johnson, Gove and Mogg walk into No10.
    They know if Mrs M can pull something off and fuddle along with reducing unemployment and improving national finances, coupled with Comrade Corbyn’s self destructive policies they are dog food!
    I have no more wish to be governed by an extreme right wing government than I do an extreme left wing government.
    Harry Enfield’s “Tim Nice But Dim” comes to mind!

I'm not sure that Mrs. May is the type of human being that would "wield a big stick" at anyone. She doesn't strike me as a dominant macho (wrong word) kind of person. I don't think she would have taken on the miners or the Argies with the same vigour as Mrs. T did. Mrs. T. was in her element in both incidents. Mrs. May would have been out of her comfort zone.

One thing I would disagree with you on is the comment "After all any bugger can make hay when the sun shines!" Oh no they can't. There will have been plenty of hay spoilt this last week, I have seen some of it. Baled quite a bit like that for customers in 1975 & 1976. Overmade lifeless stuff that just wasn't baled when it was fit. Overcook it and it's not much better than belly fill.

Got some at the moment....
    Been cut seven days now and it just won’t die!
    For all the world it looks like hay, it smells like hay.....but it just isn’t fit enough....
    25 degs plus every day and been hay bobbed a bit, but no can do.
    Thought of you yesterday ........applied some grease to the hay bob wheel stalks .......😎

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Got some at the moment....
    Been cut seven days now and it just won’t die!
    For all the world it looks like hay, it smells like hay.....but it just isn’t fit enough....
    25 degs plus every day and been hay bobbed a bit, but no can do.
    Thought of you yesterday ........applied some grease to the hay bob wheel stalks .......😎
    That's wierd. You trying to make seaweed into hay or something ? Well done with the haybob although the tube and stalk are in contact for a fair length and I always used oil rather than grease. I took the view that it would get down the stalk a bit better than grease. I think the secret is to alter the depth now and then, even if you don't need to. I had never had a problem before now but always bought new HBs. This was a cheapie eBay jobby but I reckon a lot of them are the same. I look at most of them on there now and it is clearly visible that a lot of them have had a smack with a sledge hammer to try and free them.

Hope you get your hay soon.

If we can return to the main thread!
    The problem is that our government has been completely outmanoeuvred. The Brexit vote was not about the economy or trade at all.
    The unelected Brussels bullies did not want to lose their lucrative salaries, nor did they want to lose their protectionist policies, especially not to Trump. Not much wonder they are scared stiff of an open Irish border. There is already talk of two huge ferries coming out of either Dublin or Cork. A repetition of the diesel pipes under the border on a grand scale.
    They already have some of this problem with Luxembourg fuel prices.
    Having traded with Europe for 35 years, I do not share Gees premonition of disaster. Europe has far more to lose selling three times as much to us. I went to France last week, our lorry goes to Italy, there are already intensive border checks, so no problem other than us importing Harley Davidsons and driving them through customs.
    The whole trouble with all this, is that the lies that project fear peddles are small beer compared to Borises £350 million, if that ever was a lie.
    I do despair though because I think Teres is going to give all away.
    A bad deal is worse than o deal.
    jack caley

Considering the near total lack of .... anything .... in more than two years I'm thinking a way will be devised to backtrack or delay almost indefinitely, or at least until another election dominated by the same tired old topic again, after all nothing else is important.

Trouble is a wishy washy half in half out is probably the worst option.
    Properly in or properly out would likely be fine eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wd View Post
    Considering the near total lack of .... anything .... in more than two years I'm thinking a way will be devised to backtrack or delay almost indefinitely, or at least until another election dominated by the same tired old topic again, after all nothing else is important.

Trouble is a wishy washy half in half out is probably the worst option.
    Properly in or properly out would likely be fine eventually.
    Apparently I can no longer post.
    Humf.....
    Two finely written ripostes both dumped by the system.....
    F****n Gremlins

Apparently I can no longer post.
    Humf.....
    Two finely written ripostes both dumped by the system.....
    F****n Gremlins
    Do you think it could be a campaign against retainers?
    jack caley

There can be no Hard Brexit!
    The Brexiteers do not have a parliamentary majority.....when push come to shove the silent majority will defeat them.
    Hence the desperation to prevent Parliament having the final say.
    I suspect push come to shove Mrs M will see them off.......might be bloody and shaky for a while.
    Europe have no wish to see us out.......the vast majority of parliament have no wish to see us out, but prefer to keep it to themselves.....at the moment.
    Remember Mr Bercow is a committed Remainer.
    The long grass is looking thicker than ever.....

Where do the British people come in on all this Gee?
    I thought they voted out.
    jack caley

As ever the British people only matter for the three weeks leading up to a General Election!
    There will never be another Referendum......ever!
    Bits and pieces this morning, Brexit Campaign broke the election laws.....fiddling funding etc., again they never ever thought they would win.......so it wouldn’t matter.
    Just the merest whiff of court injunctions on they way.........result declared void.
    The long grass is creeping up Whitehall.
    Plus speaking of long grass we got the hay baled!

Remember Mr Bercow is a committed Remainer.
    Bercow's days are numbered. End of.

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    Bercow's days are numbered. End of.
    Yes but not any time soon.

Yes but not any time soon.
    I wouldn't bet on that.

Jack, I have no doubt you are sincere in your Brexit views, but you really need to wake up and smell the coffee regarding the Parliamentary Brexiteers and why they're constantly trying to undermine May. They have an agenda, and it's nothing to do with what's best for the country.

Jacob Rees-Mogg (part time MP) is non-executive chair at Somerset Capital Management. The same Somerset Capital Management who've just set up a fund in Ireland to enable clients to keep their money in the EU, post Brexit.

John Redwood (part time MP) is Chief Global Strategist at Charles Stanley Investment Management and is advising clients to move their money out of the UK.

Nigel Lawson (ex Chairman of Vote Leave) lives in a mansion in SW France and has just applied for full time French residency.

They're taking to the lifeboats, Jack. And kicking the rest of us back onto the deck as they leave...

Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    Jack, I have no doubt you are sincere in your Brexit views, but you really need to wake up and smell the coffee regarding the Parliamentary Brexiteers and why they're constantly trying to undermine May. They have an agenda, and it's nothing to do with what's best for the country.

Jacob Rees-Mogg (part time MP) is non-executive chair at Somerset Capital Management. The same Somerset Capital Management who've just set up a fund in Ireland to enable clients to keep their money in the EU, post Brexit.

John Redwood (part time MP) is Chief Global Strategist at Charles Stanley Investment Management and is advising clients to move their money out of the UK.

Nigel Lawson (ex Chairman of Vote Leave) lives in a mansion in SW France and has just applied for full time French residency.

They're taking to the lifeboats, Jack. And kicking the rest of us back onto the deck as they leave...
    Actually I am drinking tea at the moment.
    I do not believe they are trying to undermine May, rather the reverse.
    I appreciate she was supposed to put red lines, and deliver Brexit, as the British people voted. However all her actions would appear to be just the opposite. What they are trying to do is make her deliver, a difficult task when the establishment and the BBC are deliberately trying to reverse the referendum, in line with European beaurocrats.
    You do concern me a little with the extra activities of those three gentlemen, but I would still rather trust them than Cameron,(recruiting Obama) and Blair (B liar)
    Who do you trust?
    jack caley

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    Actually I am drinking tea at the moment.
    I do not believe they are trying to undermine May, rather the reverse.
    I appreciate she was supposed to put red lines, and deliver Brexit, as the British people voted. However all her actions would appear to be just the opposite. What they are trying to do is make her deliver, a difficult task when the establishment and the BBC are deliberately trying to reverse the referendum, in line with European beaurocrats.
    You do concern me a little with the extra activities of those three gentlemen, but I would still rather trust them than Cameron,(recruiting Obama) and Blair (B liar)
    Who do you trust?
    jack caley
    So......JLR?
    £80 billion of investment, they need to know what is going to happen.
    40,000 jobs depend on JLR.
    So we should swop 40,000 jobs for Boris’s desire to be leader of the Tory Party?
    But of course JLR are just a bunch of remainers bluffing and blustering.
    Gove’s Silver tongued Seduction of the Fishermen......pure hot air and promises.
    Bright new future????
    For who?

Remember back to the day in the Tory leadership contest when Gove appeared to knife Johnson in the back? Supposedly destroying his chances of becoming Tory Leader.
    On reflection could it be more possible that the two of them could see this day coming?....thus leaving someone else (Mrs M) to sit on a nest of vipers and subsequently politically die.
    Yes Politics is a dirty game, but this time our financial future more than ever before is at stake...the fantasy world of a brave new future is just that....touted by half a dozen individuals who have never run or staked their future on the financial success of their own business and their own efforts and ability.
    Business to them is Starbucks.....Costa...etc etc......the big national brands
    Not the small two or three person outfits......probably the least capable of surviving turmoil.
    The Brexit Battle is nothing more than the battle field.......the true war is for the Tory Party leadership.
    Sadly it is more than likely to be a party of ashes that emerges.

There were 2 main reasons why the majority of voters voted to leave the EU. Immigration and diktats from un-elected body of individuals who could see the benefits of personally jumping on the EU gravy train. Thank goodness we are an island nation otherwise we would be in the same position immigration-wise as the rest of the EU. It's bad enough as it is but at least there is the natural barrier of the English Channel. Consider those member countries who have recently said that enough is enough. Consider how Merkel is fairing with what was basically her open door policy on immigration.

I keep using the Kinnocks as an example. Do you really think they and their like should be in a position to formulate laws for the U.K. Unelected and yet a good salary and a fat pension. And remember this, if you think that all the EU are upstanding statesmen and women how come the accounts for the EU as an entity have NEVER been signed off ?

If you want to continue with this totally idiotic behemoth that the Common Market has become then go ahead and remain in it. We traded before with European countries, we can do it again.

In my opinion the only good thing that has been apparent since joining the EU is that we haven't been involved in any European wars but that may be just our good luck.

There were 2 main reasons why the majority of voters voted to leave the EU. Immigration and diktats from un-elected body of individuals who could see the benefits of personally jumping on the EU gravy train. Thank goodness we are an island nation otherwise we would be in the same position immigration-wise as the rest of the EU. It's bad enough as it is but at least there is the natural barrier of the English Channel. Consider those member countries who have recently said that enough is enough. Consider how Merkel is fairing with what was basically her open door policy on immigration.

I keep using the Kinnocks as an example. Do you really think they and their like should be in a position to formulate laws for the U.K. Unelected and yet a good salary and a fat pension. And remember this, if you think that all the EU are upstanding statesmen and women how come the accounts for the EU as an entity have NEVER been signed off ?

If you want to continue with this totally idiotic behemoth that the Common Market has become then go ahead and remain in it. We traded before with European countries, we can do it again.

In my opinion the only good thing that has been apparent since joining the EU is that we haven't been involved in any European wars but that may be just our good luck.
    Yep agree with all the above...
    Sometimes though you need to hold your nose whilst earning a living.
    Suppose the phrase “You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone” comes to mind!

Thank you Gee. What really grinds my gears just as much as the fat eurocrats is our own unelected house nowadays. Yes, I am aware that when the House of Lords was largely made up of people who had inherited the right to sit in the second chamber they could be (and sometimes were) considered a bunch of old duffers. But, by and large, they had the well-being of the U.K. uppermost in their minds.

I wish I could win the lottery. I would then bung one of the main parties half a million, then get a peerage in the next Birthday Honours List, then I really could screw up the Brexiteers (if I wanted to). Cameron and B Liar were just as bad as each other at this sort of behaviour.

Thank you Gee. What really grinds my gears just as much as the fat eurocrats is our own unelected house nowadays. Yes, I am aware that when the House of Lords was largely made up of people who had inherited the right to sit in the second chamber they could be (and sometimes were) considered a bunch of old duffers. But, by and large, they had the well-being of the U.K. uppermost in their minds.

I wish I could win the lottery. I would then bung one of the main parties half a million, then get a peerage in the next Birthday Honours List, then I really could screw up the Brexiteers (if I wanted to). Cameron and B Liar were just as bad as each other at this sort of behaviour.
    Sadly there are times when I look at the state of affairs world wide......too many situations exist where they are akin to a juggler constantly adding another ball...then another, then another, then another, cannot stop, another ball, another ball.
    Maintaining the Euro is very similar.....a really good idea, but fatally flawed from the beginning.
    The theory that national economies can be run year on year with ever increasing public debt that realistically can never be repaid.
    In my lifetime the figures used by politicians has gone from Hundreds of Thousands, to Millions of Pounds, to Billions of Pounds, now it is not uncommon to hear of Trillions of Pounds.
    In the real world where we live, eventually the wheel comes off.....the debts exceed any possibility of repayment and some one calls time...The Bank Manager or other creditors.
    With Governments the only way time is called is either war or recession / slump 1920’s style.
    Let’s hope the jugglers make a fair job of their task.

So here we go.....
    https://apple.news/A1BYWQ4O2Q22YRVaVzEzYYA
    Looks like business as usual......

But on the other hand....
    https://apple.news/A4ZspdaLNR3C-OinEKIs5Eg

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    Who do you trust?
    jack caley
    Whilst not a fan of Cameron either, at least he was consistant in his message. Unlike those brexiteer hypocrites.

We traded before with European countries, we can do it again.

You're living in the past again. We can only trade with the EU as a whole, not individual countries. Anything else is just wishful thinking.
    As the saying goes "You can only farm what's in front of you"

Never mind though. If we can't do a deal with the EU, there's always Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    You're living in the past again. We can only trade with the EU as a whole, not individual countries. Anything else is just wishful thinking.
    As the saying goes "You can only farm what's in front of you"

Never mind though. If we can't do a deal with the EU, there's always Trump...
    And you really think that both the EU and Trump will survive ? The EU is beginning to break under pressure of immigration and debt and Trump only got there in the first place because of who the alternative was. Never mind, your poisoned dwarf will keep you tied to Barnier & Co. so you have nothing to fear.

And you really think that both the EU and Trump will survive ?
    The EU isn't going anywhere this side of March next year and likely neither will Trump.