Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gee you have won!

Re: Gee you have won!

My word is my bond!
    Apparently not if you are Mr Davis!
    Snakes in the Grass!

Quote Originally Posted by MC130 View Post
    The EU isn't going anywhere this side of March next year and likely neither will Trump.
    I didn't give a time scale. But it now looks like an awful mess is developing. Another referendum anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    My word is my bond!
    Apparently not if you are Mr Davis!
    Snakes in the Grass!
    I am afraid I do not follow your drift.
    I admire his action in resigning. He was up against a stupid lot of Brussels self preserving morons, Teresa May did initially say Brexit meant Brexit, and ever since because she listened to the gloom and doom merchants she has back peddled, leaving him in an impossible position.
    Right from the start we should have gone for wto rules, a hard Brexit and let them come to us, they have more to lose, especially £40 billion.
    It was a mistake to allow them to ally the single market to free movement which is what the referendum was about.
    Europe has been calling the shots with the aid of our remainders who do not forget include Mrs May.
    An impossible situation which will end up like Southern Ireland, and a reverse referendum (maybe)
    jack caley

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Caley View Post
    I am afraid I do not follow your drift.
    I admire his action in resigning. He was up against a stupid lot of Brussels self preserving morons, Teresa May did initially say Brexit meant Brexit, and ever since because she listened to the gloom and doom merchants she has back peddled, leaving him in an impossible position.
    Right from the start we should have gone for wto rules, a hard Brexit and let them come to us, they have more to lose, especially £40 billion.
    It was a mistake to allow them to ally the single market to free movement which is what the referendum was about.
    Europe has been calling the shots with the aid of our remainders who do not forget include Mrs May.
    An impossible situation which will end up like Southern Ireland, and a reverse referendum (maybe)
    jack caley
    Davies had his chance at Chequers.
    The choice was stark......stay and support the cabinet or go..
    Davies chose to stay....only now to announce he is fundamentally opposed to the recently agreed policy.
    More about the egos and careers of the individuals than the good of the country.
    But then Davies has history of acts such as this.....resigned his seat and fought a needless by-election to polish his own ego.

Davies chose to stay....only now to announce he is fundamentally opposed to the recently agreed policy.
    More about the egos and careers of the individuals than the good of the country.
    But then Davies has history of acts such as this.....resigned his seat and fought a needless by-election to polish his own ego.
    Perhaps he had to ask his wife, partner, significant other?

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    I didn't give a time scale. But it now looks like an awful mess is developing. Another referendum anyone ?
    Probably have to continue voting til we get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
    More likely to be Boris....
    If he can spare the time from rolling Barrels of gunpowder into the cellars of Westminster.

These people are supposed to be running the country. It's not like he resigned all the way to the job centre.

Personally , I would probably have acted in a similar fashion, not to ask my wife, but to absorb the full impact of the meeting. After all he was appointed to negotiate, he was on the spot, he would have the best idea of all of the situation.He knew it was impossible to carry on.
    To resign on the day, without proper thought is not easy. Do you take time over decisions on the farm, or just blindly and recklessly act withoutthought?
    Jack Caley

Personally , I would probably have acted in a similar fashion, not to ask my wife, but to absorb the full impact of the meeting. After all he was appointed to negotiate, he was on the spot, he would have the best idea of all of the situation.He knew it was impossible to carry on.
    To resign on the day, without proper thought is not easy. Do you take time over decisions on the farm, or just blindly and recklessly act withoutthought?
    Jack Caley
    What exactly did Davies achieve as our principal negotiator?
    Other than the never ending meaningless sound bites.....Golden Future.....Huge Markets elsewhere in the World......just what did he achieve?
    Or was his mission to whittle away the time...at the behest of the Mogg, Johnson,Gove triangle....putting in time with no result until March next year, when the inevitable would happen.
    The Hardest of Brexit.......no agreements about anything.
    No Mr Davies at the best could be said to be a little duplicitous.

Update from today’s press reports.
    after revelations that the former Brexit Secretary had held only four hours of talks with Michel Barnier in the first half of 2018.The pair were reported to have met in London in February, in Brussels in March and again at the EU capital in June.”
    Last edited by Gee; 11-07-18 at 01:30 PM.

Yes he should have resigned there and then at that meeting. BJ even ffukin worse the self serving b&st&rd.

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    Yes he should have resigned there and then at that meeting. BJ even ffukin worse the self serving b&st&rd.
    The whole Brexit scenario should not be in the hands of politicians,playing political games.
    The Europeans diverted the issues away from emigration, sovereignty and self rule to the economy in order to protect protectionism. They are obviously frightened of a neighbouring nation being free to import from America and trundle the goods over the Irish border. It hardly does our industry much credit to bleat on about losing exports to Europe. Since they sell us three times the amount we sell them, they had a lot more to lose than us if we we put tariffs on their goods.
    The real deceiver in all this are not Boris but Philip Hammond backed up by Europe and the BBC.
    jack caley

The whole Brexit scenario should not be in the hands of politicians,playing political games.
    The Europeans diverted the issues away from emigration, sovereignty and self rule to the economy in order to protect protectionism. They are obviously frightened of a neighbouring nation being free to import from America and trundle the goods over the Irish border. It hardly does our industry much credit to bleat on about losing exports to Europe. Since they sell us three times the amount we sell them, they had a lot more to lose than us if we we put tariffs on their goods.
    The real deceiver in all this are not Boris but Philip Hammond backed up by Europe and the BBC.
    jack caley
    Hmmmm.
    Bit of a conspiracy theory.......or not.
    Mrs M calls the Chequers Summit meeting.
    All the Cabinet must attend....in relative isolation.
    The deal is either you agree or walk away now!
    All agree to sign up and support Mrs M.
    On paper anyways.
    Bang the trap shuts!
    The arch Brexiteers find themselves ambushed......
    The only route left for them is to resign...
    Mrs M achieves what she could only dream about......the two main obstacles to a Brexit settlement gone from the cabinet.
    Johnson and Davies now face a very difficult situation.
    Hard line Brexiteers openly jeered by Tory MPs at PMQ’s.....
    Johnson and Davies must engineer a leadership challenge and win or they are dust!
    Mrs M appears to have the EU beginning to make friendly noises about a settlement....it may not suit everyone, but once it is in place Brexit will be forgotten.
    In time the demise of Johnson et al may be seen as a master stroke by Mrs M.

Hmmmm.
    On paper anyways.
    Bang the trap shuts!
    Mrs M achieves what she could only dream about......the two main obstacles to a Brexit settlement gone from the cabinet.
    Johnson and Davies must engineer a leadership challenge and win or they are dust!
    Mrs M appears to have the EU beginning to make friendly noises about a settlement....it may not suit everyone, but once it is in place Brexit will be forgotten.
    Save that post Gee, it could be the start of a new career
    Oft said to me by a sadly lately deceased US farmer - “always follow the money”.
    I’m not bright enough to suss that out in this scenario. Insights from a seer needed.

Hmmmm.
    On paper anyways.
    Bang the trap shuts!
    By a master stroke do you mean she can now reverse Brexit?
    I appreciate that the disastermongers have had a lot of success, but I am not convinced that a second referendum would reverse Brexit.
    Brussels have shown their true colours, and shown all they want is our money, whether £350m a week or whatever, and our captive trade.
    I wish it was all over,
    jack caley

Sadly Jack, too many will have not even noticed the true colours of the EU.
    The Mafia in whatever present guise are alive and well.

By a master stroke do you mean she can now reverse Brexit?
    I appreciate that the disastermongers have had a lot of success, but I am not convinced that a second referendum would reverse Brexit.
    Brussels have shown their true colours, and shown all they want is our money, whether £350m a week or whatever, and our captive trade.
    I wish it was all over,
    jack caley
    Never be reversed......but a little twist here, a little turn here....a little bit of time goes by .....a compromise deal that means very little, but is enough to scrape by the various factions eventually something will be in place that looks like Brexit, feels like Brexit, smells like Brexit but sort of just isn’t the real thing.
    But it will do to get by.......and slowly the task of rebuilding our biggest single export market will begin.

Never be reversed......but a little twist here, a little turn here....a little bit of time goes by .....a compromise deal that means very little, but is enough to scrape by the various factions eventually something will be in place that looks like Brexit, feels like Brexit, smells like Brexit but sort of just isn’t the real thing.
    But it will do to get by.......and slowly the task of rebuilding our biggest single export market will begin.
    If we lose the biggest export market, does that mean we have to buy three times as much from elsewhere in the world?
    jack caley

Jack Caley
    ???? Not sure where you are coming from.
    Interesting to hear that the Chequers agreement had been run past Frau Merkel before being put before the cabinet.
    Apparently Frau Merkel was largely in approval....
    Just going to be a case of how much cake each will have available to eat.
    ”Having cake and eating it”

???? Not sure where you are coming from.
    Interesting to hear that the Chequers agreement had been run past Frau Merkel before being put before the cabinet.
    Apparently Frau Merkel was largely in approval....
    Just going to be a case of how much cake each will have available to eat.
    ”Having cake and eating it”
    What I meant was Europe sells three times as much to us a.s we sell to them.
    As for developing new markets, Land Rover for instance will not need a new market, they Will just replace the BMW,sand Mercs on our market.
    jack caley

As for developing new markets, Land Rover for instance will not need a new market, they Will just replace the BMW,sand Mercs on our market.
    jack caley
    It's more likely they'll just do a Harley Davidson.

https://www.facebook.com/13500887717...2423074764802/
    just click on this lead and see what sort of people are running Europe.
    Do we really want to be involved with them?
    jack caley

jack caley
    Juncker is obviously drunk AGAIN!
    jack caley

Mrs Thatcher......Mrs May?
    One small difference.....Mrs T. had a massive majority.....thus the power to wield the stick.
    It was agree or enter the political wilderness!
    Mrs T’s worst enemies were outside Downing Street not within.
    Mrs M. Does not have luxury of such a majority. It probably does not matter that she chose to have the snap election, the previous majority would have been little better in the circumstances.
    Mrs M. Will in time perhaps be regarded as the more skilfull operator, governing with effectively a minority government in the most difficult of circumstances.
    After all any bugger can make hay when the sun shines!
    David Cameron referred to Mrs M as being akin to a Submarine.......never knowing where she would surface and conducting an effective campaign out of sight and unnoticed.
    Given a loyal majority of perhaps a 100 or so negotiations with The EU would be an entirely different matter.
    No, Mrs T had it hard, but she had the power and the second chance to do it.
    I am beginning to think that the current tactics are to play for the long grass.......belt the ball as far as possible as many times as possible and eventually it will be lost, or at least an inordinate amount of time will be spent looking for it and well, the whole thing just fizzles out.
    No way anyone can say we are staying in the EU.........but just keeping the ball in the long grass will do nicely.....
    None of the Rabid Brexiteers can come up with negotiating stance that will deliver anything else than an extremely “Punitive Hard Brexit” the result would lead to at he very least a difficult economic situation or at the worst entering a period of recession and heavy unemployment and they know it.
    Boris never dreamt in his wildest dreams that he would have to find his fabled £350 million a week......it is becoming increasingly evident that his Brexiteer stance was nothing more than a tawdry leadership challenge.....
    Lose the referendum by a few votes and then run a campaign against Cameron to force him to resign as a lame duck leader.
    Johnson, Gove and Mogg walk into No10.
    They know if Mrs M can pull something off and fuddle along with reducing unemployment and improving national finances, coupled with Comrade Corbyn’s self destructive policies they are dog food!
    I have no more wish to be governed by an extreme right wing government than I do an extreme left wing government.
    Harry Enfield’s “Tim Nice But Dim” comes to mind!
    Gee, the fact that a sensible exit from the original common market whitout penalty from the now EU is not a negotiation, it is extortion! Sadly I believe the only way to deal with this is Out now and resolve later!

We trade quite a lot in Europe, I’m appalled by where the EU is taking Europe, i just returned from Germany where even there the majority of people I asked about the EU had reservations about its direction.

To finish, one of my early lessons in primary school was that the only way to overcome bullying is to fight back; not to appease....like him or loath him Trump fights for America.....we need someone of a similar Ilk!

YA

Mr Caley,

There will not be a second referendum as it would most likely return a higher percentage in favour of leaving than the first. The wish of the majority in the UK to leave the European Union will be subverted by much more devious and sinister means, which is what I believe is happening at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Apprentice View Post
    Gee, the fact that a sensible exit from the original common market whitout penalty from the now EU is not a negotiation, it is extortion! Sadly I believe the only way to deal with this is Out now and resolve later!

We trade quite a lot in Europe, I’m appalled by where the EU is taking Europe, i just returned from Germany where even there the majority of people I asked about the EU had reservations about its direction.

To finish, one of my early lessons in primary school was that the only way to overcome bullying is to fight back; not to appease....like him or loath him Trump fights for America.....we need someone of a similar Ilk!

YA
    Trump fights for America?
    Does he?
    Trumps says and does whatever he feels will get him re-elected, what is good for America and good for Donald Trump is not necessarily the same thing.
    One of his great complaints is that The streets of America are full of EU etc built cars, he seldom sees American built cars in Europe.
    Err isn’t MB American owned?
    Why would we want pretty poor quality gas guzzlers from America when vastly superior vehicles are available here?
    One very experienced foreign Diplomat remarked that the skill of Foriegn relations for diplomats and politicians, but especially diplomats, was not what you said, but you did not say!
    Mr Trump has a little way to go before learns that particular lesson.

jack caley
    Facebook is a dark, dark place where I never set foot!
    Apparently Facebook agrees with my views, as they consistently refuse me entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Apprentice View Post

YA
    Bully's don't come any bigger than Trump. Which makes your statement rather hypocritical.

Well Trump is Trump, Clinton was Clinton, etc. and we (and the population of the US) have to put up with that. But I will remind you all of this, which the younger generation by which I mean anyone living here under the age of 50, either don't know about or choose to forget. If it wasn't for the yanks we would be living under the jackboot now. They are our greatest ally and have been for decades.

Facebook is a dark, dark place where I never set foot!
    Apparently Facebook agrees with my views, as they consistently refuse me entry.
    Gee,
    Do not bother with Facebook, Facebook was merely displaying the YouTube of Junker so drunk the other politicians had to almost carry him.
    Trumps body language to me showed how disgusted he was with Junker.
    All you have to do is google Junker drunk and the whole disgusting spectacle comes up.
    jack caley