Thread: Massey 6485 Transmission error

Massey 6485 Transmission error

Hello all,

So the 6485 we have has decided to develop a new problem, it is "losing" all drive intermittently and displays error T123, to "fix" I have to come to a full stop, drop clutch and pull off again.

Had a look in my fault code book and seems T123 refers to clutch pedal switch, I'm a little confused about this because the dealer we bought the tractor from a few years ago fitted the black box thingy that is supposed to replace those switches? Or does this mean that the box has gone faulty?

Cheers

Re: Massey 6485 Transmission error

Quote Originally Posted by James77 View Post
    Hello all,

So the 6485 we have has decided to develop a new problem, it is "losing" all drive intermittently and displays error T123, to "fix" I have to come to a full stop, drop clutch and pull off again.

Had a look in my fault code book and seems T123 refers to clutch pedal switch, I'm a little confused about this because the dealer we bought the tractor from a few years ago fitted the black box thingy that is supposed to replace those switches? Or does this mean that the box has gone faulty?

Cheers
    I vaguely remember talking to one of our MF dealer's technicians when we had him out to a calibration issue, IIRC I think he said that instead of several individual switches being involved with the clutch pedal, they had gone over to an "all in one" unit- perhaps this is what you have now? Maybe it too has a finite lifespan?

Is it a tractor that used primarily on a lot of clutch work?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Hello, it's used for everything. Mowing, baling, wrapping. But I wouldn't except clutch switch to go after 1 and half seasons work.. pretty poor. It does have the new all-in-one box fitted but I've had the cover off today it all the other switches are still connected up?

Quote Originally Posted by James77 View Post
    Hello, it's used for everything. Mowing, baling, wrapping. But I wouldn't except clutch switch to go after 1 and half seasons work.. pretty poor. It does have the new all-in-one box fitted but I've had the cover off today it all the other switches are still connected up?
    We haven't had problems with either the 6480 or 6499 pedal switches...............yet! So I'm sorry that I can't help further. maybe someone with more experience of them may be able to shed some light on their life expectancy?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

So bit of an update, tractor had been on the baler for past week or so and haven't had any issue at all so I thought spraying the switches with wd40 had sorted it.... Apparently not, within about 30 minutes of being on the wrapper today the error was happening every few minutes.

Seems to be related (or at least aggravated by) hydraulics being used continuously (oil temperature maybe?) Spoke with Chandler's and the mechanic said when the viscous fan control unit packs up it can cause this error so just unplug the lead to the fan. Will see next time!