Thread: Replacement Mig Welder

Replacement Mig Welder

Had a Pic Arc 300 mig welder in the workshop but it finally gave up the ghost last week. I don't do heavy fabrication work and just need something for general workshop repairs and welding sprayer booms etc
    Can someone recommend a machine that on one hand isn't going to break the bank and on the other wont blow up after a few years use because its built to a price.
    Second hand would do me if anyone can recommend a dealer.
    thanks for any advice

Re: Replacement Mig Welder

One name pops up a lot and after a couple of SIP's over 25yrs we switched to the old brand of Oxford- http://www.oxfordwelders.co.uk/index.html

You get some quality at a decent price, have a google around, prices for them do vary.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

I bought a mig from this firm http://www.warriorwelders.com/ about 18 months ago on recommendations from a couple of serious welding mates. British made in Bath by Phil Weeks and his team. Easy to set up and very smooth to use. Phil Weeks contacted me a month after having the welder and a couple of weeks ago to see if I was happy with the welder. How many companies have that sort of confidence in their products to do that?
    I can thoroughly recommend the Warrior 250.
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

I too have heard good things about warrior welders. I don't have one myself but will be my choice when I take the plunge. One of the most powerful single phase welders on the market.
    "At the end of the day, I think it's going to get very dark."