Thread: Manitou mlt 526

Manitou mlt 526

Hi folks, Iíve a manitou 526 and the front axle is noisy when turning full lock in reverse and the wheel also seems to like grab!is this the sign of a knackered diff. If so is it easy to fix??

Re: Manitou mlt 526

Ace (member on here) with luck will be be along to advise. In the mean time it sounds a bit like a problem I had with the wrong oil and the limited slip diff on a 725 MLT. I had front brake squark and against the advice of ACE on here changed to a UTTO (Universal Tractor Transmission Oil). I went from brake squark to an alarming dinging/clatter on turning and the tighter the turn the worse the noise. Changed to a proper EP 80w/90LS (limited slip) and the problem went away. I did not entirely lose the brake chatter. ACE will recommend Manitou branded axle oil.

Iíll pull the drain plug today and see if theirs any filings before going further and if not Iíll try in new oil with limited slip but I think the last oil had that and it was a Jcb brand

Quote Originally Posted by Toastie View Post
    Iíll pull the drain plug today and see if theirs any filings before going further and if not Iíll try in new oil with limited slip but I think the last oil had that and it was a Jcb brand
    Just put genuine manitou special wet brake oil in it and problem will go away.

Older clark hurth axles need the LS90 not the later dana spicer axles.

Thanks essexpete and ace , Iíve dumped the old oil out and their was no filings in bottom so put in genuine oil tonight so fingers crossed it comes ok ,