Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: FQAS

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ulster
    Posts
    886

    FQAS

    I've had a customer request my PA certificate and MOT for my equipment I use in my weed control contracting due to having a FQAS inspection. So I sent off an email with a scan of my PA2 to prove I can legally use a weedwiper and also stated that the weedwiper was less than a year old and didn't need an MOT. This got a reply that the inspector needed me to send a copy of the purchase invoice for the weedwiper to prove its age and that all inspections will be requiring this information. I am unhappy with this level of intrusion on my business, as I'm not going to be sending a copy of my invoices for my equipment to all my customers in a Quality Assurance Scheme. It's none of my customers business what my equipment costs and where I buy it from.......or a I being unreasonable? Also all these extras are things that aren't covered in the current cost of doing the work.
    Others thoughts please.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,439

    Re: FQAS

    Send them a copy of your invoice but either blank out all the financial figures or substitute them with some fictitious ones. As long as it shows the date and supplier and your name and address that should be sufficient. Why should some jobsworth know all your private information ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ulster
    Posts
    886

    Re: FQAS

    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    Send them a copy of your invoice but either blank out all the financial figures or substitute them with some fictitious ones. As long as it shows the date and supplier and your name and address that should be sufficient. Why should some jobsworth know all your private information ?
    My thoughts too and I'm keeping that as a last resort but want to see what else they come back to my customer with in the meantime. I agree with the principal of these schemes but the practicalities leave alot to be desired.
    One example I have used before is a mate of mine had tin hanging off a door for 3 consecutive inspections and had to buy tin and send in a copy of the invoice, 3 times he bought tin for that door and never fixed it then the next time he was told of inspection he just took the old tin off and it wasn't mentioned!!! So much for rigorous checks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    somerset now working in the real world
    Posts
    907

    Re: FQAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulscots View Post
    I've had a customer request my PA certificate and MOT for my equipment I use in my weed control contracting due to having a FQAS inspection. So I sent off an email with a scan of my PA2 to prove I can legally use a weedwiper and also stated that the weedwiper was less than a year old and didn't need an MOT. This got a reply that the inspector needed me to send a copy of the purchase invoice for the weedwiper to prove its age and that all inspections will be requiring this information. I am unhappy with this level of intrusion on my business, as I'm not going to be sending a copy of my invoices for my equipment to all my customers in a Quality Assurance Scheme. It's none of my customers business what my equipment costs and where I buy it from.......or a I being unreasonable? Also all these extras are things that aren't covered in the current cost of doing the work.
    Others thoughts please.
    You have sent a copy of your PA certain, I wold take a picture of the manufactures plate on the weed wiper it should show when it's made ?? As you are a proper contractor o have the correct paper work etc etc, I'd politely tell the inspectorate to take it as read you are legit or come and see you in person, or tell em to jog on,,,, bloody officialdom,,

    for or example when we have our farm assurance inspectin, the man want to see we have a pest controller, yes there's the book, there's the blokes name and firm,,, he dose t Danny around seeng of the bloke has his certificate,,
    Big Vern..... Stay low Move faster

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ulster
    Posts
    886

    Re: FQAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post
    You have sent a copy of your PA certain, I wold take a picture of the manufactures plate on the weed wiper it should show when it's made ?? As you are a proper contractor o have the correct paper work etc etc, I'd politely tell the inspectorate to take it as read you are legit or come and see you in person, or tell em to jog on,,,, bloody officialdom,,

    for or example when we have our farm assurance inspectin, the man want to see we have a pest controller, yes there's the book, there's the blokes name and firm,,, he dose t Danny around seeng of the bloke has his certificate,,
    One comment I put on my first reply to the customer was to get the inspector to contact me directly but the customer seems to not have picked this up. Got another email from him to say he's going to wait for the report to come in and see what the specifics say.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •