Thread: Sanderson teleporter2 6.22 what type oil?

Sanderson teleporter2 6.22 what type oil?

Can anybody please tell me what oil I should use in the front and rear axles,should it be a gear type oil or would something like deutz utto oil be ok that goes in the front axles and hubs?.
    Also the loader front tilt ram slowly drops over when stopped could this be the valve on the ram or spool chest?.

Re: Sanderson teleporter2 6.22 what type oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1971 View Post
    Can anybody please tell me what oil I should use in the front and rear axles,should it be a gear type oil or would something like deutz utto oil be ok that goes in the front axles and hubs?.
    Also the loader front tilt ram slowly drops over when stopped could this be the valve on the ram or spool chest?.
    Only familiar with 227ts and T622 sandersons. Your teleporter 2 6.22, does it have dry disc & pad brakes or is it fitted with wet inboard brakes either in the hubs or the axle casing? If brakes are dry then you can use a multi-purpose engine/backend type oil or a back end oil such as NH/Ambra stripey oil, or, my personal preference, a good EP85-90 gear oil.

If fitted with wet brakes then you need to use an oil with anti-squawk additives which is where the likes of the multi-purpose engine/backend type oil or a back end oil such as NH/Ambra stripey oil come in, but again I'd use a proper gear oil but with the anti squawk additives, using Morris oils would make XEP85-90 oil my weapon of choice.

Have a look here if you need more info, or there are other makers with similar tools- http://www.whatoildoineed.com/

Re the tilt ram, the first things to look at are the seals in the tilt ram and also the two compensator rams on the back (assuming its still the same design?)

You could try putting something in the bucket as a load, place it on the ground and release all pressure, disconnect the hoses on the ram, capping both hoses and ram off, now lift the bucket a small distance off the ground and leave it to see if the ram still creeps. If it doesn't then reconnect the tilt hoses and repeat with the hoses that connect to the spool block so that you can block them off to see if oil pressurised gets by the compensator rams.
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

I think ACE recommends LS EP 80w90 gear oil in the wet type hubs and the front axle may have limited slip diff. Our old 725 creeps on the tilt, I think it will be seals int tilt and or compensator rams judging by the crap that builds in the suction strainer in the tank. Are you new to the machine? If you are one tip do not crowd back the bucket when well up in the air and then drop to ground without releasing the tilt ram pressure off the stops as you drop. Failure to do this can break the compensator rams at some point.

Edit looking at the Q8 site it would seem that the recommendation for the early model with dry brakes was for straight ep gears oils in both diffs and hubs. On the later wet brake type the recommendation is for an UTTO in everything. Foots Fitter and ACE with much combined experience would (i am sure) prefer to see dedicated gear oils where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1971 View Post
    Hello
    The only oil you want to use in axles on your sanderson is LS90 limited slip.
    Like morris terrian LS or Fuches titan ls90
    Do not use this morris xep 90 its a light duty ls90 for cars.

Tilt ram dropping is either ram seals or ram lock out valve not spool block.

Quote Originally Posted by essexpete View Post
    I think ACE recommends LS EP 80w90 gear oil in the wet type hubs and the front axle may have limited slip diff. Our old 725 creeps on the tilt, I think it will be seals int tilt and or compensator rams judging by the crap that builds in the suction strainer in the tank. Are you new to the machine? If you are one tip do not crowd back the bucket when well up in the air and then drop to ground without releasing the tilt ram pressure off the stops as you drop. Failure to do this can break the compensator rams at some point.

Edit looking at the Q8 site it would seem that the recommendation for the early model with dry brakes was for straight ep gears oils in both diffs and hubs. On the later wet brake type the recommendation is for an UTTO in everything. Foots Fitter and ACE with much combined experience would (i am sure) prefer to see dedicated gear oils where possible.
    Q8 site is wrong. Even the early ones with dry brakes had limited slip diffs so need a limited slip 90 grade oil.

Thanks all for your help this one has looks like it has wet brakes on the front axle inside the hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Hello
    The only oil you want to use in axles on your sanderson is LS90 limited slip.
    Like morris terrian LS or Fuches titan ls90
    Do not use this morris xep 90 its a light duty ls90 for cars.

Tilt ram dropping is either ram seals or ram lock out valve not spool block.

Oil spec changed from our old T2, bit pre LSD IIrc.

XEP is still listed for bigger stuff than automotive, but Morris seem to be pushing their Terrain range as well now. I find its easier to give their tech department the required spec and what its for and they will come back with what will and won't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post

XEP is still listed for bigger stuff than automotive, but Morris seem to be pushing their Terrain range as well now. I find its easier to give their tech department the required spec and what its for and they will come back with what will and won't do.
    It was there tech dept that told me xep90 was more automotive grade and the terrain was heavy duty industrial/commercial and a match for fuches titan ls90.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post

Your T2 had limited slip diffs believe it or not they just didnt work very well😂

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Your T2 had limited slip diffs believe it or not they just didnt work very well😂

Maybe being a pretty lightweight machine didn't help get whatever grip it got onto the ground? JCB LSD's have never had a good reputation here from the days of the early 412 farmaster to the present 531/70 yet they rate that Manitou as a much more capable machine in muddy conditions for getting about.