Thread: JCB 3CX Droop.

JCB 3CX Droop.

Hi Farming Forum.

I bought a 1988 JCB 3CX from a guy up the road a couple of months ago. It is my first foray into digger operating and a childhood dream come true.

Two questions if I may to the forum:

What is the component I am looking for in the extensive service manual that causes the buckets and arms to droop once the machine is in idle. I assume it is some sort of one way valve or anti-return valve(s) that need replacing.

Also on a machine of that age many of the RAM seals need replacing. What in your opinion is the best place in the UK to buy mail order seal kits and valves etc?

I am very grateful for any advice and help you can give me as a complete novice.

cheers jules.

Re: JCB 3CX Droop.

https://parts.jcb.com/tchjcb/parts/i...3OGQifQ%2C%2C/

Search for your machine on here. I've found them easy and very knowledgeable to deal with.
    Welcome to the forum
    Don't itch for something if you're not prepared to scratch for it.

Re: JCB 3CX Droop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Hi Farming Forum.

I bought a 1988 JCB 3CX from a guy up the road a couple of months ago. It is my first foray into digger operating and a childhood dream come true.

Two questions if I may to the forum:

What is the component I am looking for in the extensive service manual that causes the buckets and arms to droop once the machine is in idle. I assume it is some sort of one way valve or anti-return valve(s) that need replacing.

Also on a machine of that age many of the RAM seals need replacing. What in your opinion is the best place in the UK to buy mail order seal kits and valves etc?

I am very grateful for any advice and help you can give me as a complete novice.

cheers jules.

Its not a component, more a case of old age I expect.

The first suspect will be seals leaking, although there is also a risk that there could be wear/damage to ram cylinder bores and/or rods, but your problems sound bad if you mean by "idle"- dropping while just stopped moving in between you doing something? or if you mean idle as in overnight, some creeping could be normal.

For non-genuine bits I have used these http://www.abelparts.com/index.html they sell fairly good quality pattern parts that are also sold by many other suppliers if you have a google around, I would of thought there could be a chance of a stockist in France?
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......