Thread: mf 6465 cut out flashing dash lights wont start HELP

mf 6465 cut out flashing dash lights wont start HELP

Having issue with my 6465 worked fine this morning just drove off in it this aft and it stopped, codes 1077, 174 723 occasionally does 1077 on starts then clears. ignition off they clear but when i put ig back on just beep every few seconds and glow plug light inlet air temp in lower right display then coolant temp and high pressure filter light all flash with beep simultaneously. In this condition If I try start other codes come up and just turns over

ive checked the voltage regulator/surge thing next to ecu and bridged it no change, also with circuit tested checked all fuses in board behind seat, and swapped ecu relays both seemed to click fine, and checked voltages at the pump 12.4v 11.4 and 3 ish at other end ones, i suspect this is not actually the issue more related to the beeping and flashing lights isolating something HELP

Re: mf 6465 cut out flashing dash lights wont start HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer_Joe View Post
    Having issue with my 6465 worked fine this morning just drove off in it this aft and it stopped, codes 1077, 174 723 occasionally does 1077 on starts then clears. ignition off they clear but when i put ig back on just beep every few seconds and glow plug light inlet air temp in lower right display then coolant temp and high pressure filter light all flash with beep simultaneously. In this condition If I try start other codes come up and just turns over

ive checked the voltage regulator/surge thing next to ecu and bridged it no change, also with circuit tested checked all fuses in board behind seat, and swapped ecu relays both seemed to click fine, and checked voltages at the pump 12.4v 11.4 and 3 ish at other end ones, i suspect this is not actually the issue more related to the beeping and flashing lights isolating something HELP

Have a look here for the 6400 electrical section- http://www.gbfoot.co.uk/downloadfold...lectronics.pdf the perkins section with the error codes is page GUF113.3 it look like there are several issues around the fuel pump and temp sensors? or possibly as simple as a connector problem?

Best of luck
    The best thing about Facebook is the logout button......

Re: mf 6465 cut out flashing dash lights wont start HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Have a look here for the 6400 electrical section- http://www.gbfoot.co.uk/downloadfold...lectronics.pdf the perkins section with the error codes is page GUF113.3 it look like there are several issues around the fuel pump and temp sensors? or possibly as simple as a connector problem?

Best of luck
    had a diddle cant seem to sort owt out so taken the plunge to remove pump, has anyone any experience timing these engines slightly different to what i expected

got water pump off and theses 4 bolts and 1 nut in centre assume i can leave the timing gear in place and remove the 4 bolts or the but and remove the pump, just need to make sure it timed correctly before removal theses a slot in the pump end but cant see any marks on crank