Thread: grimme 75-55 intake for onnions or windrowed potatos

grimme 75-55 intake for onnions or windrowed potatos

hi have a grimme 75-55 one row harvester,would like to try 2 stage harvest, i have a 2 row windrover with center delivery. need a inntake on my grimme to pic upp the potatos gently.
    i think grimmes hyd.brush system is expensiv ,wounder if its possible to built somthing easier... seen a few pics on googel with som iron wing like a V making intake a littel wider with a soft roller rolling on the top of the windrowed crop. and smaller tyres on intake to adjust working deept with.
    anyone here tryed it or have experience on it? any difrent details on onions versus potatos?
    exampel video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJ5qoHGrN8

Re: grimme 75-55 intake for onnions or windrowed potatos

Quote Originally Posted by john76 View Post
    hi have a grimme 75-55 one row harvester,would like to try 2 stage harvest, i have a 2 row windrover with center delivery. need a inntake on my grimme to pic upp the potatos gently.
    i think grimmes hyd.brush system is expensiv ,wounder if its possible to built somthing easier... seen a few pics on googel with som iron wing like a V making intake a littel wider with a soft roller rolling on the top of the windrowed crop. and smaller tyres on intake to adjust working deept with.
    anyone here tryed it or have experience on it? any difrent details on onions versus potatos?
    exampel video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJ5qoHGrN8
    not worked in potatoes but in onions we had just such a system. the only thing is the roller must not be able to turn back as when you come out the end you are likely to lose a few. This roller does not want to be any weight so it cannot bruise.
    We had a v shaped plough dragged under the lifter to create a shallow furrow for the onions to sit in it needs attaching to the frame somehow to lift it when you are turning but it should run loose.
    You should bear in mind though that multi stage lifting has fashions, but the first time you are caught with potatoes on top and a good shower of rain you will regret it!
    Ixworth Solar Farming Ltd.